New to LO - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to LO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to LO

Hey Guys
    Im new to LO and to 40K but I alraedy have 1000 pts worth of DE. I have rady many of your old posts and have used alot of your ideas on a lot of different subjects. I am looking forward to building up a powerful wych cult.

I just have one question, I will be playing mostly against Tau, Orks and Black Templars, should I use a wwp or co heavy on the raiders

Mandrake

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting question and unfortunately not easy to answer. With a Wyche Cult I'd consider WWPs. Problem that I've found with them in RTTs is that I tend to give the WWPs squads away each game. Terrain at RTTs is usually light and at least one squad will be in the open. If you place them back, you defeat the purpose of the WWP which is to allow your Raiders to deliver their cargo into HtH the turn they come on. So the squad in the open gets hammered by everyone the turn it moves forward and again the turn it opens the WWP. By then there is usually no one left alive. Since you will need to take a large squad to keep it from breaking thats over 200 points per. A lot of free VPs for your opponent that you will need to make up. On the other hand 3 Raiders of Wyches at 270+ points eacg going down defeats the purpose of a HtH oriented force.

You are mormally fighting assaulty and shooty armies. You can make, separate rosters, with and without WWPs, for each type. I use weekend games to polish my RTT list so I prefer to make one list and stick with it regardless of who I play.

Depending on the size game you play, 2K is normal for me, you will field 4-5 Skimmers with a Wych Cult (HQs, 3 Wych Squads and a Ravager is what I use). In a normal game with the 25% coverage you can get by without the WWPs.

Clear as mud right?
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aight I would first go for a standard kabal because you will be fielding 3 wych squads max in the beginning anyway. Try to find the balance in a kabal before swapping to a wych cult yo uwill have less firepower there (pointing towards warriors) and more CC orientated. Of course its still a option to start wit ha wych cult however it seems more difficult to me. (could be mistaken in this) Anyway try to buy the standard things if youve read our posts then you will likely see the word warriors wyches and raiders coming by like 20 000 every time somebody asks wat should I buy first? :p. If you got any problems watsoever just post or pm me. If you keep asking alot (wich is wise dont be scary to post 20 times if your not sure about something) then its easier to @ us to yoru msn and well talk there in a group conversation. (If the others are willing to do it)

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wych Cult is a very powerfult army. However, it's fragility is beyond imagination (even more so than Kabals).

The Raider Rush army is usual for a Wych Cult. . . . . however, with the advent of 4th edition it has gain new pros and cons, and needs to be changed a little bit from before.

The WWP ideal is very unique and, in my opinion, not used enough. I personally prefer the WWP tactic -- although all raiders can look very cool and intimidating.

If you go for the WWP, be sure to take some warriors as elites, as they will be the ones delivering your WWP (the Sybarites, that is). They are a bit more durable vs. shooting, and most of them will be meat shields anyways for your Sybarite.

In the WWP Wych Cult, I'm not sure whether to use 10-man squads (always have the Succubus w/Agoniser), or larger squads. More squads = more Agonisers, but more ppl is more survivability. . . .

However, I still suggest you take AT LEAST 2 WWPs.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM or email me on anything. I'm always glad to help.

Infrazael Draennonssraav

--Aspiring Incubus Grand Master

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help! Right now I have 20 wyches, 24 warriors, 5 w/s cannons, 1 incubi, 1 lord w/ punisher/ animus combo, 3 raiders, 1 ravager, 2 jetbikes, 1 converted jetbike lord, 1 haemie w/ destructor. What models do you guys use for wyches? The 5 in a box deal is just too expensive for me.

Also how many incubi is ideal? I know they dont survive long after cc but...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

When I first started my army I used the female warrior bodies and the head with the wild/huge hair - from the regualr troop sprue. Now that I make tons of cash I keep this first 10 man squad as an Archite/Drachite retinue.

Typical WWP portal armies use at least one squad of warriors lead by a Sybarite to deploy the portal. I give my Lord a WWP in a Raider and one to my Sybarite who leads 16 Warriors on foot. If the Lord's Raider gets shot down he almost always survives and then deploys the Portal. If the Raider doesn't get shot down then the enemy gets a WWP deployed right in thier lines. "Release the Taloi!"

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the Dark Elves models of Witch Elves. Only problem is the stupid bases.

However, you could add magnets so you can switch them on/off (and save money).

As for ideal Incubi, I'd say average, 6, overkill, 8, destroy everything in HtH and waste points, 10 (but against 20-man nurgle squads, this works).

+ Reply to Thread