Interesting Drug Options - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting Drug Options

Hey, Combat drugs are my favorite piece of wargear. However, the DE codex update really limits their effectiveness.

Just one question. According to the update, each drug may only be used once! Do they mean each drug can only be used once per turn, or, once through the entire game! Clarification on this would be most helpfull.

Mandrake

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once per turn. Basically, they want you to keep rolling if you keep using the drugs every turn.

Think of how many drugs the DE pump into themselves all the time. The drugs must wear off pretty quickly, so they have to keep shooting up about every turn. And every time you take the drugs, there's a chance something goes wrong.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think it means you can't "stack" in a turn (e.g. get a lord with an extra 6 attacks by using that drug 6 times, admittedly if you did than chances are he'd Janis Joplinise pretty damn quick, could be usefull though.... (hmm...with agonisers and charging you can get 11 power weapon attacks wounding on 2s....That's enough to smush anything).
    Don't ask what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country, Only once you have asked yourself that shall your country do everything in its power for you --My twist on a JFK quote

Vote Communist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nono your explaining it wrong. Because wyches keep there drugs the entire batlle bu characters like archons succubuses sybarites etc wo took drugs as a WARGEAR item can roll more then once on the drug table. They need to do this EVERY turn. I you roll 1 double he gets 1 AUTO wound. (your shadowfield wont break because of this) if you roll a triple its a instant kill so never take tripes how tempting it may seem.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes forgot about the wych drugs. Also, hellions and reaver jetbikes have drugs that last the entire game, and like Bjorn said, they only roll once at the beginning of the game and that effect lasts until the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Forum Idiot
    (hmm...with agonisers and charging you can get 11 power weapon attacks wounding on 2s....That's enough to smush anything).
    agonisers wound on 4+ not 2+, unless I have missed something..?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you're right. I was getting confused with poisoned blades, I'd had a long day at GW with little nourishment after a large participation game where we won by a number (it came down to 3 morale checks, if we passed them all we won, if we failed one the scumbag chaos won, these were space marines at -1 so we need a 7 or less. Guess what? One test got a 4 and two got bang on 7! So we won, but pretty much right on the edge).
    Don't ask what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country, Only once you have asked yourself that shall your country do everything in its power for you --My twist on a JFK quote

Vote Communist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Forum Idiot
    No, you're right. I was getting confused with poisoned blades, I'd had a long day at GW with little nourishment after a large participation game where we won by a number (it came down to 3 morale checks, if we passed them all we won, if we failed one the scumbag chaos won, these were space marines at -1 so we need a 7 or less. Guess what? One test got a 4 and two got bang on 7! So we won, but pretty much right on the edge).
    SM and CSM are easy to beat with De I mean were practically made for killing marines ^^.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it says roll 1 d6 for every option chosen. If you only choose one option then you cant roll double 1's it would just happen automaticaly right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is correct. There's no risk involved with only using one drug per combat phase.

But where's the fun in that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast