Ork Weapons Platform - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ork Weapons Platform

In 4th ed they made it so Get Hot! weapons do not have any effect on vehicles.

Is there any use for a Dreadnought armed with 2 Twin-linked Kustom Mega Blastas in an Ork army? A Little pricey at 130 before armor plates, but that's a huge pile of hurt. 1.32 hits per turn avg of Strength 7, AP2, 24" inch range, small blast marker pain.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be ok, personaly I still love to run my Kans, specialy with extra armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the kans very much as well but I always forget that i havge the plates no them so I dont bother spending the points for them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually I use my dreadnought as a big killa kan, I also have a unit of sentinels that I've redone as kans too. In one of the old white dwarves they had a article about the stompas and thats what I made my clan after. NE ways, hey orks are fun no matter what to each their own, ps.... my kans have stood up against three rounds of shooting from 4 different necron units. Gork and mork stay with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

The only problem I see with that is the fact that you'd have to ramble up to within 24" of a tank to fire the darn things, and after you do that, every git in the guy's army will be raining death and destruction on your head. :mad:
    Most of my heavy support choices are taken up by my big gunz, looted griffon, and my kanz, so I've never experimented with the dreadnaught-o-dakka. It could work, theoretically, but you might be better off just getting two buggies with extra armour and unleashing hell with them. They'd cost less and be more speedy.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best thing about Kans is that they cost 50 each with armour, so to make their points back, they have to kill only a termie or two. very easy when you strike first against them!
    My kan mob of 2 killed 3 termies, then a fourth be exploding on it. (They were fighting a chainfist weilding rune preist at the same time
    AKA Grabnutz
    Moderator over at http://forums.relicnews.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. Kans are inexpensive and can reak havoc if used correctly. Buggies are good to as Citybeatnic said. you can only take one dreadnought per slot when you can take a unit of kans or buggies. You'd get more shots ultimately.

+ Reply to Thread