Deep Strike - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep Strike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deep Strike

Now that drop pods arent destroyed when they deep strike off the table, or into enemy units or difficult terrain, i reckon that should apply to crisis suits, stealths and drones, because when you think about it they are dropped off ships and have full choice about where they land, and they wont miss the battle completly. Yay/Nay???

The avatar is the emperor as a pimp. Well, i like it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They could. But Marines would whine about it.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then again they have to pay extra points to be able to do that. Not saying that i wouldn't support the tau not landing where they want to land without getting into trouble. I would support it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is a "you are playing a game" moment in time. I mean, realistically, the Tau Kor have a fleet able to pummel ground targets with batteries on seeker missles and spine-mounter railguns with pinpoint accuracy from low orbit. Why would they even send in the XV-8s?

I think it's the same reason why I lose 3 Fire Warriors and the idiots retreat even though I'm winning and run off the freakin board!!....sorry, still angry about that.

Record as of 26 December for my Static Tau Cadre.
    10 wins, 0 losses, and 1 draw.
    Last game: Victory over Necron in a 600 point "kill em all" that lasted til turn 10 ending with a phase out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry it just annoys me when a command squad appears 2" in front of my army and next turn they eat me for breakfast. I mean i have to take down about 8 2+ saves, and if i dont kill them all they eat me for breakfast with their mad rules and swords...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

The drop pods are great. They bring the enemy right where you want them, in front of you to blast away. Chose a direction and run, and shoot at the closest unit from that direction. It's not so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by psteve
    The drop pods are great. They bring the enemy right where you want them, in front of you to blast away. Chose a direction and run, and shoot at the closest unit from that direction. It's not so bad.
    Dont say that when they deep strike 2" in front of you. Then charge next turn with 6 to 8 forde weapon attacks.(librarian) And then there are the other 5 guys in the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Celestial
    I think this is a "you are playing a game" moment in time. I mean, realistically, the Tau Kor have a fleet able to pummel ground targets with batteries on seeker missles and spine-mounter railguns with pinpoint accuracy from low orbit. Why would they even send in the XV-8s?

I think it's the same reason why I lose 3 Fire Warriors and the idiots retreat even though I'm winning and run off the freakin board!!....sorry, still angry about that.

Why do modern armies send in infantry into cities when we can nuke the whole thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe of some importence or trying to get the alien technology and capture their leaders for further question and later killing. Information mostly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm.

Doesn't your opponent need permission to use drop pods? Becaus they are a forge world/special rules thing. And, aren't the pods vehicles? You can blow them up right? Finally, whaddaya mean they aren't destroyed if they land off table??????? They just redeploy of what? Grrr. So long as they dont notice the homing beacon upgrade...

If you deep strike, you've got to keep the units in reserve, right? So there is a chance they wont even appear trun 2, or even through the whole game! Even if they do appear, they cant assault (yet).

Dont you win if you kill all the units on the table? (not necessarily those waiting in reserve)

I think that with all the battlesuit free upgrades (sensors, reciol absorption) they should have "Atmospherical Stabilizers" so they scatter half the distance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast