Twin linked heavy's - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twin linked heavy's

Hi there i picked up my army deal today i i have been working my way through the codex, there is no mention of you been able too or having too twin link VC's and BS if you buy two. Weapons that are twin linked are in the write up against the creature. Spine fist by default are twin link only Devourers and Deathspitters become twin linked if you but two, VC and BS don't, there is even a profile of a fex called the venomspitter who has 2 VCand there is no mention in the write up or stats of them been linked.

If it lives it will be consumed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Nottoc, check the Weapon Symbiotes page. It's mentioned in the first or second paragraph and says something to the effect of if two of the same weapon symbiote are purchased, they become twin linked.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojiratoho
    Nottoc, check the Weapon Symbiotes page. It's mentioned in the first or second paragraph and says something to the effect of if two of the same weapon symbiote are purchased, they become twin linked.
    hi dude , yes i see that(missed it the 1st time) but then why put the fact that weapons are twinlinked and have a differant cost in the creatures profile ? One is wrong and the way i see it is the VC and BS can't be linked other wise it would be in there stats , also on page 46 the venomspitter profile has two VC's but has no mention of them been twin linked. This is one they will need to sort out in the CA before poeple start converting there models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

I think the smaller guns (Devourer, Death spitter) are listed as TL in the MC profiles so that you can get a TL gun without using both your weapon slots, or take two TL versions. And if the VC or BS had TL entries in the MC profile, people could buy 2 sets of the TL gun. A Tyrant that can fire 6 VC shots that are TL may sound nice, but it's a bit overpowered.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojiratoho
    I think the smaller guns (Devourer, Death spitter) are listed as TL in the MC profiles so that you can get a TL gun without using both your weapon slots, or take two TL versions. And if the VC or BS had TL entries in the MC profile, people could buy 2 sets of the TL gun. A Tyrant that can fire 6 VC shots that are TL may sound nice, but it's a bit overpowered.
    So my two fex with Vc would become twin link, i haven't used the rulebefore i take it i reroll missed shots. So i get 3 shots if i miss 1 i get to reroll so i could hit on all 3. Where as with 2 Vc i have 6 shots so i could hit all 6 , so this drops the killing power of the VC's which i don't like, this would mean me having to covert all my fex to have one VC and one BS :mad: i hope this is a miss print

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nottoc
    So my two fex with Vc would become twin link, i haven't used the rulebefore i take it i reroll missed shots. So i get 3 shots if i miss 1 i get to reroll so i could hit on all 3. Where as with 2 Vc i have 6 shots so i could hit all 6 , so this drops the killing power of the VC's which i don't like, this would mean me having to covert all my fex to have one VC and one BS :mad: i hope this is a miss print
    The chances of you actually hitting on all 6 shots are terrible.

I'd rather have the chance to re-roll all three.

Besides, you can get six fexes now....
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

Well, a dual VC fex in the new rules would get 2 TL shots, and a dual VC Tyrant would get 3 TL shots.

Dual VC Fex 3rd ed:
    4 shots\50% chance of hitting\average of 2 hits

Dual VC Fex 4rth ed (w/ En Sn):
    2 Shots TL\50% chance of hitting\average of 1 hit, 1 reroll with a 50% chance to hit.

The odds haven't changed that much for the Fex

Dual VC 3rd ed Tyrant (w/En Sn):
    6 shots\66% chance of hitting\average of 4 hits

Dual VC 4rth ed Tyrant (w/En Sn):
    3 shots TL\66% chance of hitting\average of 2 hits, 1 reroll with a 66% chance to hit.

The Tyrant's odds have gone down more than the Fex's has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher-
    The chances of you actually hitting on all 6 shots are terrible.
    --- Not 'Fex, Tyrant...

A 3rdEd Tyrant with EnhSen and 2x VCannon will hit on 4 out of 6 shots on average, with potential of scoring the full 6.

In 4thEd, with TL VC, it can only ever hit with 3.

Let's take the 'Fex as well, to prove the point:

3rdEd 'Fex, EnhSen, 2xVC hits with 2 out of 4 shots on average, with potential of scoring the full 4. Slight, but still.

In 4th, with TL VC, it can only ever hit with 2, and the odds for doing so are actually slightly lower than with two separate VCs.

Yet, You're still paying the premium 2x cost for those TL VCannons, instead of the ~1.5x other armies tend to pay for TL weapons.
    Last edited by Uzi-99; May 5th, 2005 at 23:09.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with uzi-99 on this one , drop the point cost then its worth looking at but now all i will do is have one VC and one BS on my fexs.
    Last edited by nottoc; May 6th, 2005 at 00:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

I am going to miss my dual VC fexes, but look at it this way.

3rd Ed Dual VC fex with 50% chance to hit - 180 points
    4rth ed Dual VC fex with 50% chance to hit(BS upgrade) - 163 points

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast