Back to Eldar for me - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to Eldar for me

man, it's been a while since i actually posted a topic...anyway down to business.

I just caught the bug to start an Eldar army. Now, a bit of back info...
    Eldr were the first army i collected for 40k, without any support. They, very preditably, sucked, both in the making and painting, and the playing side of things. Eventually, i threw them out of the window, and got to playing a real newbie army, SMs. once i got the hang of thnigs with them, i switched to orks, where i got pretty good at gaming, but the only good thing you could say about my painting was that it was done quick.
    Now i actually know how to paint, i've been looking for an army that would be a challenge to paint and play again. just trawling around Lib Online i caught inspiration - Eldar. Already had codex, and some neat ideas, and you can paint a very small effective force very well. This would let me get some good painting on a few, and provide a new challenge to the game.

Actually looking at the Eldar range, i really like the asect warriors - but i suck with metal minis. i'll be willing to make an attempt on them though. It may be shooting myself in the foot, but a small model count would be nice too. Now for themes...can't really say i have any, besides aspect warriors. So i wouldn't mind playing either the basic list or Biel-tan.

The problem with all of this is that, being as old as i am, i have little in the way of disposable income, so there has to be a basic plan behind buying stuff, else i'll be wasting money on stuff i won't want or use.

So without further ado, this is the stuff i'll be hoping to include:
    full squad of Fire dragons, i just love these guys...
    wave serpent, now that these things are out to buy...
    two small (8 or so) defender squads, for some long range gunnery...
    Dark Reapers, because i always had a love for overbearing firepower...
    a warlock, because i hate the farseer models...
    and some howling banshees, because they look lovely, and i reckon i can do a decent job painting them...

still, i doubt this comes to 1000 points, and some actual tactically useful troops would come in handy too. so any advice on good troops that look nice would be welcome. I would also like putting some of them into an effective 1000 points army list too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good so far, there are the box sets of serpents with guardians with it. And of course you can always check around on ebay, or differents stores. I know a shop owner that gives a good discount on any one that wants to buy 40k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I would definitely suggest the box with wave serpant, its a nice starter. Besides that sounds like a good start. My only opinion is don't buy jetbikes or shining spears unless they change the rules. I have them and never use them.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread