Stategies Versus Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have beat necrons but only by a thread and my friends say their arder than space marines,

i just need a strategy wich works affectivly against necrons

i have
    HQ
    archon ,agonizer ,combat drugs 5 incubi

ELITES
    Wych squad 7 men ,wych weapons, succubus

Mandrakes 5 men

TROOPS
    raider squad
    6 men
    2 blaster 2 lances, sybarite

raider squad
    6 men
    2 blasters 2 lances, sybarite

FAST ATTACK
    5 reaver jet bikes

HEAVY SUPPORT
    5 man scourge squad 2 splinter cannons

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if i was you i would drop the sourges as they are expensive and very fragile. i would get 1 or 2 ravagers and a talos. as there are not many AP3 or better guns for necrons except 4 their destroyers and heavy destroyers. Try to stay back and shoot them with dark lances to weaken them. try to make them PHASE OUT. kill the necrons first starting of with the necron lord if he has a orb. place a talos in the middle of ur army to help either side. get ur retinue behing a squad of 5 grots as their 2 wounds each make them tough to kill. Fire all DARK LANCES at 1 squad til it is totally destroyed then move to the next. if he has a moolith just ignore it and kill the necrons. if it gets within 24" shoot at it so necrons can not use its portal. The retinue is a good idea, incubi are very effective against necrons due to necrons can not use WBB roll coz they have power weapons. get a wych squad next to ur talos to help it in close combat. Mandrakes are not gd against necrons due to their high armour saves and WBB.

laters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would add more Wyches, as their Wych weapons prevent WBB. Don't target Lord with Res Orbs first, as they're nigh impossible to keep down, especially if the player has thought ahead and packed a Phase Shifter- instead, focus on the outlying Necron groups. With luck, you'll never have to engage the Lord and his retinue at all.
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take the lances out of the raider squads and get splinter rifles.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

splinter cannons has 4 shots each, but with the dark lance they dont even get an armor save&#33;&#33;&#33; he he now thats evil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play &#39;Crons and my roomate plays DE, and we regularly go about 50/50. DE are scary, as they can cause phase out FAST. just ignore the Monolith unless you ABSOLUTELY have to hit it, which isn&#39;t very often with the DE&#39;s speed. Concentrate your dark lances on the warriors, as this is where most of his phase out total should be. Also use lots of disintegrator templates, as WBB rolls get worse the more dice have to be rolled at once. try to hit the destroyers with your wyches and beast packs. Haemonculi are rather disgusting too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa...there are a few things wrong with your list...

first your archon should ALWAYS have a shadowfield...2+ save makes him live a lot longer. your lord and retinue should also be given a raider...you don&#39;t want your most expensive unit footslogging across the battlefield getting shot to bits before they even enter combat.

second, you should up the wyches to 10 including succubus. give the succubus an agoniser so she can kill big meanies. your wyches should also get a raider for the same reason as above. you are going to want them in close combat, and that is the best way to get them there safe. screen them and your lord&#39;s raider behind your warrior raiders as they are less important. remember that our strength is in our speed, not our ability to keep as many "unimportant and inexpensive" troops alive.

i really don&#39;t have a big comment on they mandrakes as i have never used them as of yet. but i do know (from those that have) that they are much more effective in larger numbers.

the raider squads are where your big problem lies...

raider squad
    6 men
    2 blaster 2 lances, sybarite

for one...i&#39;m confused on whether or not you have 9 warriors here, or just 6...? second...in a raider squad, you can only take one of each...either one blaster or shredder, or one splinter cannon or dark lance. not two blasters and two lances...this is illegal. your sybarite should also be given an agoniser for the same reason as above. your raider squad (or most other peoples squads) should look like this

Raider Squad
    x10 Warriors
    including x1 Blaster, x1 Splinter Cannon, Sybarite w/ Agoniser and Splinter Pistol

notice i added a Splinter Cannon instead of the Dark Lance...this is so if your squad gets shot down, you can still fire on the run. Dark Lances would hinder your mobility in this action. and trust me, your warrior raiders WILL get shot down if you screen properly. this could also be dropped down to 9 total warriors to save a few points if needed.

for the extra tank busting punch, i&#39;d add in a sniper squad at 100 pts. this would be

x10 warriors, including x2 Dark Lance

that adds some tank killing, and you already have the 2 or possibly 3 if you give the wyches a raider (which i highly recomend) with dark lances to add to that.

your jetbikes should have two equiped with blasters. then your bikes can go tank hunting where your snipers can&#39;t shoot.

i was quite surprised to see you using Scourge...not that they aren&#39;t good, cause when used right they can be...but usually only in high point games, around 1750-2000. in smaller games i&#39;d stick with between 1-2 Ravengers with x3 Dissies to take out mobs of those little necron warriors. blast ord. is great heh.

i hope i didn&#39;t come off like i was attacking your list...but in order to be more effective against necrons or any army for that matter, you have to know what you are using, and how to use it to it&#39;s most potential.

if you have any questions, please feel free to either PM me, or post again (seeing as it is your post to begin with lol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in a raider squad, you can only take one of each
    I made the same mistake. My first glance at the DE codex, it looked like radier squads were the same as regular warrior squads-- just with a raider added. It wasn&#39;t until I posted my army list for comment that somebody else caught the error and I saw that fewer upgrades are allowed.

I am still skeptical of the Dark Lance / Disintegrator question against Necrons. I&#39;ll have to crunch some numbers tonight and post what I find.

Anyway, I&#39;m also a newbie DE player. I&#39;ll probably be playing Necrons a lot in a couple of weeks once my army is painted up.

Closed Thread