Carnifex Regeneration - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Carnifex Regeneration

I had a question about the Regen entry for the other owners of the Codex. The way the entry reads, I think you get to roll for each lost wound every round.

Example: A Fex with regen looses 2 wounds on the first turn. Each turn after that (assuming it takes no more wounds), the Fex would get 2 dice rolls until the game ended or it got 2 6s.

I've heard an interpretation that the Fex would only get 1 roll for each wound suffered the previous round. So if it lost 2 wounds the first turn, second turn it would get 2 die rolls, and if it failed to regen, the wounds would stick.

I just wondered what other people thought.

Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well let's consider that the new carnifex's can have up to 5 wounds, that what i heard anyway. Sounds to me like I say you lost 4 wounds first round from enemy shooting, at the start of the Tyranid turn, the owner of the Fex would get a dice for every wound lost, in this case 4 and you would roll, and recover a wound for every 6 rolled. I've heard that this regenerate will not allowe your fex to get back up, though it is possible to recover all lost wound in one turn. And, no in the case of failed regenerate rolls you do of course get another chance to revocer any lost wounds.

I hope this has cleared things up. Though not owning the new codex this information was from a freind that does. I am talking to them on Starcraft.
    TAU suck, Blood angels rule

Gameing Records
    blood angels
    8/2/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree if you lose 2 wounds on your 1st turn you would be allowed to roll two dice if you only got one six you would still be able to roll for that wound and any other loss that turn on the next turn and so on. The rule doesn't state wounds lost that turn it says each wound it has lost.
    If it lives it will be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Each turn you roll for each wound you have lost during the game, 3 wounds lost, rol 3D6 etc etc etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

That's what I figured, just wanted to hear what you guys thought.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojiratoho
    That's what I figured, just wanted to hear what you guys thought.
    having said that i'm not sure i like it seams a bit weak OOE was better
    Last edited by nottoc; May 9th, 2005 at 19:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Well OOE regeneration was a whole lot better, but his ability woud simply be too good if a normal Fex coud take it.
    With increased Thoughness and wounds, it woud be almost indestructable
    Last edited by Dreachon; May 9th, 2005 at 19:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreachon
    Well OOE regeneration was a whole lot better, but his ability woud simply be too good if a normal Fex coud take it.
    With increased Thoughness and wounds, it woud be almost indestructable
    Now thats what i'm talking about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

I don't know. OOE got 1 wound back a turn and a WBB role (basically). Compare that to the 4rth ed regen, were you have the potential to regen multiple wounds in a round, but once you're dead you stay dead. I'd have to compare the points cost of all the other upgrades (Crushing Claws, Init, St, etc...) and see if 4rth ed regen costs less than it did on OOE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojiratoho
    I don't know. OOE got 1 wound back a turn and a WBB role (basically). Compare that to the 4rth ed regen, were you have the potential to regen multiple wounds in a round, but once you're dead you stay dead. I'd have to compare the points cost of all the other upgrades (Crushing Claws, Init, St, etc...) and see if 4rth ed regen costs less than it did on OOE.
    You make a good point but that rolls was a 4+ if i remember correctly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast