Starting a Tau army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting a Tau army

HEY im starting a tau army, could you help me decide what to get or to get me a army list .
    i really like the use of steal suits seeing there as you use the night fire rule and they can hide behind a building come out shoot 15 shots and run back in. And i love those suits because they overbig guns. please could you help meh. And my friend asks if nurglings, rippers etc cover save becomes 1+. its becomes 2 less then what it would normally be right?

p.s. crisis or stealth suit

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty sure all swarms get a 1+ cover save when in cover
    Bag of Chips, Chaos Warmaster

Undivided
    Win/loss/draw
    /27/ /6/ /5/

Tzeentch
    Win/loss/draw/
    /6/ /0/ / 2 /
    Only death will be guarding your angels, silently
    Cripples joining arms in clamour
    Institutionalized for the rebirth, the herd will be hunted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh ok thank you for your answer

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, the question of swarm creatures. No, nothing in the entire game has a 1+ cover save. Their special rule is that they subtract a needed roll number by 1. And, as bunkersprovide the most protection at 3+, swarm creatures lowest save is a 2+

For your army, take at least 2 broadsides, I suggest 1 for every 250 pts. in your army up to 6 (2 squads) Stealth suit are very good. Adding to their burst cannons, they can also infiltrate and deepstrike, whichever you want. I usually either have 1 maxed out squad, or 2 medium sized ones. For the crisis suits, in a 1500 pt. game, I take a Shas'o with 2 bodyguards, give them all shield generators, plasma rifles, missile pods, and hard-wired multi-trackers or target locks, which ever allows them to fire all of their weapons. After that, I usually take a second crisis suit team with a tl fusion blaster, a shield generator, and then give the 2 others either tl plasma rifles or flamers, depending on which opponent I have. All should also have shield generators. Also, if you have 2 broadsides, give 1 a multi-tracker or target lock (whichever lets you shoot at different units than the squad) and the other a shield generator or shield drones. If you have 3, then give the shas'vre and 1 other a shield generator and the shas'vre a hard-wired target lock or multi-tracker (again, whichever lets you shoot at different units, don't have my codex with me :o ) and 1 other the same, just not hw. I wouldn't take kroot at all. They just aren't that good at close combat, especially with their 6+ saves if you even get them.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you is this a good army list

shas'el:
    missle pod, plasma riflie, drone controller, 2 drones, hard-wird, multi tracker

Elites:
    6x stealth suits inflitrate

Troop:
    12 firewarriors
    drone controller, 2 drones

12 firewarriors
    drone controller, 2 drones

Heavy support:
    3 XV88 battle suits,
    drone controller, 4 drones, multi tracker

im thinking of getting some tau rail rifles they are so cool!

can you think of a army list like this or is this ok?

i get 10£ a week pocket money and i heve 18£ now will this take long?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check ebay they usually have great deals if your smart of who you buy from (look at their feedback needs to be close to 100% and have like 50 sales) definately get a hammer-head and i wouldnt buy the broadsides but the crisis suits instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why broadsuits have massssssive gunz and the only thing bad is they got no jetpacks wich they dont need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

So you haven't started collecting yet? You would get a hammerhead over broadsides usually, but then again, broadsides have massssssive gunz and if you like them, then go for it. Get the battleforce if you can first, then get a broadside. I wouldn't go too fast on collecting an army, just try that out for a bit. Normally the next thing you would get would be another box of fire warriors and some stealth suits.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oi, yeah, skip the broadsides this early in army production, get one mabye, but mostly just to scare your friends, after a few games you'll realize that hammerheads are really where its at. After you play a couple of games with a broadside or two you'll understand, Consider starting right into mech tau. I wish i would have, i find my games go alot better than when i used to play static.
    You are correct in wanting stealth suits though, they are possibly the best unit in the tau army, incredebly versitile and good against almost any opponenet. Certainly consider more crisis suits, really the only useless unit in the tau army is the krootox, other than that all of them can be effective if used properly.
    Pick a tacitic and theme and build off that. There are many ways to play Tau.
    "I love this job more than I love taffy, and I'm a man who loves his taffy."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you mean mech tau i know what static is its when you get loads of small sqauds with pulse rifles and shoot them. why are hammerheads better it dosnt matter because not alot of Space,chaos,eldar etc can fire that far. tell me why i should buy a hammer head ill consider it. thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast