Enhansed Senses And Implant Attack - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you guys model these two biomorphs on units like Gaunts? I know that you get the long tongues on the warriors etc, but I was wondering what to do for my guys.

My Hormagaunts (I call them rippergaunts) have Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands and Implant attack. Do I need to put a spikey tail on them all?

My Termagaunts have Enhanced senses - how do you model that? I was thinking of taking the casing that the pieces came from and cutting off pieces but I am not sure how that would look.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can cut down one of the extended carapce plates the one with the long turned up pointy end and use it on the tail. dosnt look bad. i take a dremal to the underside to make a channel for the tail but you might be able to cut the tail down a bit.

but with adrenaling glandes i never show.
    and enhanced senses try altering a toxin sac and gluing it in the middle of his fore head, it has some pretty neat texture. or maybe aline style balled antena.

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Adreneline sacs I have - just not enough. Do Toxin sacs need to be on each arm? Or one for the model?

I just want to make sure I am not violating any rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x1)

If you are going to model enhanced senses on a brood that you will have a mess of (like gaunts), you want to make the biomorph as simple as possible to replicate. I end up using 3 total tricks for enhanced senses:

1 - Drill sensory pits into the head, like just behind the eyes or somewhere fitting near a horn. (Good for large broods and I also use this for my Tyrant and Carni.)

2 - Cut the bottom front spike off of 2 devourer's and glue 2 of them on as antenna. (A friend came up with this, it works really well for warriors.)

3 - Use the small spiked armor piece and glue it onto the head, indicating an echolocation biomorph.

I found that using bits from some of the Tyranid ships (from the Battlefleet Gothic line) or else stuff like lash whips can make pretty good implant attacks. For my Tyrants, I use the tail off of a Red Terror.
    Tyranids: Hive Fleet Kohr-Ah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh, the devourer idea is great. i just got a punch of armour spikes of my freind that plays DE.
    works great for rending jaw rippers too.

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Unfortunately, all of the Nids that have enhanced Senses (the mass produced ones) also have Devourers. I will see what I can do - I think I will have to buy another gaunt box to finish up 20 of each.

Thanks for the fantastic idea though!! =)

Closed Thread