first win with my army today - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first win with my army today

i played my 5th(i think) battle with my force today, and beat the IG player. The table favoured him and his basilisk and leman russ, because it was too long to fly over in my raider in 2 turns. My warrior squad got decimated by 2 basilisk shots, but with him so intent on killing them he didn't notice my raider coming up, which i quickly used to a squad of warriors. The raider retreated then so it wouldn't get killed, and hooked an IG on its slave snares. My mandrakes(which my opponent forgot about because i put them in among his jumble of troops) popped up around then and promptly killed all his troops because of good rolls and the decapitator. We then had to leave, i might have lost if it kept going with a leman russ and basilisk right behind me, but i won up to then.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats Ryko, sounds like some should fear what they cant see. That person must have been guessing well with his basilisk. But it sounds like you didnt panic and started to turn things around. Too bad it didnt go long I would have like to have known the ending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me too, because it was basically me and 8 mandrakes(2 died via flamer), the decapitator, my archon with 2 warriors, and the raider versus his tanks and command squad. i'm going to face him again next time we play, so it'll be a continuation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Well good job winning and good luck playing your next game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats, I am new to dark eldar too and i was defeated clearly by an experienced guard player. I think IG is a hard army to play with DE. Just lots of troops, lots of them with a lot of hurting weapons and lots of heavy weapons to shot down our raiders.

Good luck with next games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficarum
    Congrats, I am new to dark eldar too and i was defeated clearly by an experienced guard player. I think IG is a hard army to play with DE. Just lots of troops, lots of them with a lot of hurting weapons and lots of heavy weapons to shot down our raiders.

Good luck with next games
    Depends on your army composition, it sounds to me like your not taking enough troops. DE have far better basic troops i.e. a Bs4 and get a save against lasguns which the IG don't against splinter rifles, don't even get me startd on i5 on your basic warriors. Dark lances and splinter cannons are designed to really **** off IG. Don't get caught in the trap on relying solely on a raider rush to win battles.
    HALO 2 - Sure those first few games where you wipe out the opposition with the rocket launcher, overshield and camoflage are fun but after a while you start looking for something more. Next it has to be death by plasma sword or sticky bomb, till pretty soon only clobbering your opponent with the butt of your rifle will do. The more difficult something is to do, the more fun it is when you pull it off. For IG players the word for this is Mobility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He won due to four main reasons.
    1) A Vindicare assasin killed one of my WWP carriers.
    2) I was forced to open my second wwp far away from his troops.
    3) Mortar fire, autocannons, missile launchers, a leman russ and a basilisk shooting everywhere and my poor DE dead.
    4) There was a poor cover and i'm learning to play w40k

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dominuce25
    That person must have been guessing well with his basilisk.
    They aren't guess weapons anymore. Your opponent designates whose head or exactly where on a vehicle the template hole goes and just rolls for scatter. 1D6 if in LOS, 2D6 if not in LOS or it moved.

Victory after 5 games. Not too bad. Took me 4 games to get a draw and the 5th to win. Par for the course.

IG armies are tough for us, especially the foot ones. They can field quite a few long range weapons capable of killing multiple Raiders deep, or forcing early deployment of WWPs.
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually find it eaasier to kill IG then any other army i've plaed(i've only played IG, DH, Necrons, Space wolves and Ultramarines, so that might be why)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

i actually find it eaasier to kill IG then any other army i've plaed(i've only played IG, DH, Necrons, Space wolves and Ultramarines, so that might be why)
    I'm sensing thhis has something to do with 4 toughness and 3+ saves. Congratulations on your first win, may it lead you onward to many more.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast