Eight TMCs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eight TMCs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Eight TMCs

GW has just confirmed it in their last Tyranid Preview. You can have six Carnifexes and two Hive Tyrants.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...ew/default.htm

Go check it out. They also give the stats for the Carnifex, but not all the rules.

I am now saving up money for a new Tyranid Army.

Cheers, mates.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

I wrote up an 8 MC list (yep, that's MC, not TMC, since TMCs no longer are seperate) just for laughs (I don't that many fexes.....yet :p )

You can see it ([1500 pt] 4rth edition 8 MC list)here
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel1990
    GW has just confirmed it in their last Tyranid Preview. You can have six Carnifexes and two Hive Tyrants.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...ew/default.htm

Go check it out. They also give the stats for the Carnifex, but not all the rules.

I am now saving up money for a new Tyranid Army.

Cheers, mates.

Yes Gojiratoho did this a while back so it old new i'm afraid, i have 4 fex's (with OOE) so i'm still short but i do have 3 HT's and the very old fex (screamer killer) so i could field one of my HT as a fex and use the old one may do it for a laugh as i always play 1500 or over
    If it lives it will be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have 3 old ones (2 are old 1 eyes, not both bought)and im getting he new battle force to go with teh codex i have, so will have 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: Would 8 MC's actually work as an Army when looking at 1500pts?

I mean, could 8 double hard characters really take out a whole army in 6 or so turns?

And thats saying that they'll all make it. I dont care how hard u are, if u dance with a lascannon ur going to get burnt esp crawling at 6" lol or can u make them go faster?
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well make both HTs walking with a full set of guards each and try to keep as much of the fexs behind them for cover as MC block line of site don't they ? Throw in a lictor or two to upset the heavy's
    If it lives it will be consumed

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

True, but with 8 MCs, you're looking at 40 Las Cannon shots, maybe 43, to guarantee putting them all down. So yes, enough AP2 shots will put them down, but what happens when all the AP 2 guns are gone? The Elite Fexes can be taken with Barbed Stranglers, and one well rolled round could see the end to 3 tanks. The HS fexes and the Tyrants could take two weapons each, and with the ranges of the big guns, you wouldn't be able to out run them for long, even with the MCs only moving 6".

ARe 8 MCs unbeatable? Far from it, but you would need a specific list to take them down. A "Take All Comers" army list would be at a disadvantage. I don't think I'd use this list outside of my gaming club and then just for fun battles, not for tournies or anything.
    Last edited by Gojiratoho; May 13th, 2005 at 23:32.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nottoc
    Yes Gojiratoho did this a while back so it old new i'm afraid, i have 4 fex's (with OOE) so i'm still short but i do have 3 HT's and the very old fex (screamer killer) so i could field one of my HT as a fex and use the old one may do it for a laugh as i always play 1500 or over
    should be an interesting game mate. Think i'd try and counter with 30 scarabs!! Can't wait to have a look at your codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, its a very expensive 'fun army' lol.

I'm like 3 fex's off. I have one old skool 'scream-killer' (those where the days, T8 W10 makes the new one look like a puppy), one new skool and Old One Eye. Suppose i'll get the new one, that leaves two more hmmmm....

Bring out the Big Guns.
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's keep in mind that all this talk of an 8-TMC list came about because players just can't help but dream of "what if?". As soon as any new codex comes out, some people instantly look at how far they can push the rules, and what they can max out on. That doesn't mean its a good way to play, or even a smart way to build up an army. I agree that an 8-TMC list where only one of the TMC's can move more than 6" at a time would likely get massacred more often than not.

As far as the question of cheese is concerned, I don't see an 8-TMC Tyranid list as any cheesier than an IG Armoured Company, or a mostly-mechanized army for other races. Afterall, Tyranid TMC's take the place of tanks for most other races, but they are actually at more of a disadvantage because they move slower. 6" a turn is not going to win you any games.

I think that we're going to see a lot more carnifexes in games (lists with 3 or even 4 of them), but 6 carnifexi and 2 HT's? Too much, and probably a waste of money. The only way that would be viable is in large games (3000 points and up) where you could take the 8 TMC's and still have enough points to have a sizable swarm of basic troops such as gaunts, genestealers, and warriors. In 1500 point games, taking 8 TMC's would likely not be very fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast