New tyranids are ugly!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New tyranids are ugly!!!

I think new tyrant guard and carnifex look like poo
    I don`t know why they changed hive tyrant,previous model was good and even better than the new.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    I think new tyrant guard and carnifex look like poo
    I don`t know why they changed hive tyrant,previous model was good and even better than the new.
    your not a mouse when it comes to your thoughts on the new nids but i would have to disagree as i find the new fex to be a great looking model. The gaurds are different but an improvement on the others and i'm not that keen on the new HT too, much like the a cross between the last too.
    If it lives it will be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the new models make nids more visualy unique. not like the movie "aliens" rip-offs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What?!

How could you say such things? The new tyrant guard are a revamp of 2nd edition models, as are many of the weapons in the new codex, and is a total improvement on the previous guard models. And, as for the new carnifex, are you completely insane? The last model was extremely dull, and every 'nid player ended up with similar models, but with the new kit there are dozens of different combinations that allow for some very fierce looking carnifex' - the way it should be!

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

I'm not a super huge fan of the new Tyrant, and I liked the look of the old guard, but the new Fex is pretty amazing. I am glad that they've finally given us more bitz to play with. For being the most upgradeable and customizable army in 3rd edition, they sure were skimpy on the bitz. Except Gaunt Guns. I have more of those than I know what to do with.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojiratoho
    I am glad that they've finally given us more bitz to play with.
    Did I read that right? Did you say that you like to 'play with your bits', Gojiratoho?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deadmanwalking
    Did I read that right? Did you say that you like to 'play with your bits', Gojiratoho?

MMMmmm some one need a cold shower

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Yeah, well not to toot my own horn....but I do :blush:

Maybe I should've said "spare parts" instead of "bitz"
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojiratoho
    Yeah, well not to toot my own horn....but I do :blush:

Maybe I should've said "spare parts" instead of "bitz"

nice one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Ah, this topic again... Well, guess I can give my opinion again. =)

General issues: ScyTal for Broodlord, Guard, Ravener are too short and stubby.

Would've preferred claws instead of hooves. Well, at least the Lictor and Tyrant models have claws on their hooves. =)

Would've preferred split-jaw (ala 3rdEd Ravener/RedTerror/Harridan/Hierodule) for all of them, at least the bigger creatures, since that would have clearly differentiated them from the more humanoid residents of this galaxy.

Too many open mouths. Of course, if they were closed, people would complain that they are grinning... Hard to do anything else without lips!

Generally, I'd have preferred a much more insectoid look.

Tyrant: The biggest problem I have with it is the Bonesword (thank GW for releasing the concepts!). Also, IMO it should have resembled more a large, strong Warrior, much like the 3rdEd Tyrant did.

Broodlord: Despite the slightly silly pose and the stubby ScyTal, a good model. Light years ahead of the old Patriarch model, to be certain! :lol:

Tyrant Guard: I heavily disliked the previous Guard models, so these are an improvement. Could've been even better if they actually were big enough to look like they could convincingly take a shot for the Tyrant. X)

Lictor: Solid. Perhaps one of my most liked 4thEd models.

Genestealer: Old ones are classic, but I like the new ones too.

Ravener: Liked the old one better, but the new one is good.

Zoanthrope: Looks like a further evolved 3rdEd Zoan, I like it. They just should've made it straight on ground, and not on that stubby terrain patch. =)

'Fex: Originally I was very sceptical, but now I must say that I do like it. Would've preferred it to actually be the size of a Rhino, not just height, but length and width as well, but it is good.
    Last edited by Uzi-99; May 14th, 2005 at 00:22.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast