Raider Conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My New Eldar Vehicle Idea

I was looking through the dark eldar mini's and a conversion came to me when I saw the Raider. I'm gonna convert it into a eldar transport with the primary purpose of being a assault vehicle while popping off a few shots. The crew can easily be made guardians and a bright lance or starcannon put at the turret. Please tell me what you think of it or if you have a name for it as I haven't made one yet.
    Thanks,
    Bane_of_the_Mon'keig

Last edited by Bane_of_the_Mon'keig; May 15th, 2005 at 07:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

That would basically be a light fast skimmer transport, exactly like the raider. I would not advise that conversion, as it is basically copying a DE tank, which I think is unfluffy.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There would be changes in appearance of course, so it wouldn't resemble a DE tank too much. I like the idea of a light fast assault skimmer and the look of the raider so there is no unconvincing me. I just need conversion idea's and maybe a name for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

It is possible to ad a vyper-****pit to the raider, replacing the front plates and the gunner. You could then convert the original pilot into a gunner. It looks sweet, before the forum migration, there was a guide to do that conversion in the "conversions" forum, but iyt seems to have been lost. Stupid forum migration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x4)

Visually I'm sure it could work out. I wouldn't do it, but I'm an aweful conversion artist. Game play wise, though, I think that it would probably be to much like the raider. I can't read minds though, so I'm sure you could make it work.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar FB 1- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, tactically it will be a open-topped assault transport with either a bright lance or starcannon. Plus the points will be cheap so it is easily despensible. I think I'll cut off the sail thingy and all the little blades that resemble DE. And brighten the paint job with a snot green base with some skull white thrown in. It should look pretty good but all I need is a name. Maybe something that pertains to the other eldar vehicles like the wave dragon or the cobra.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x4)

Name it after some predator bird, or some reptile, mythical or real... That would show typical eldar originality. No, I actually think that cobra would be a decent name. Post a picture when you're done.

Votewar FB 1- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Um the dark eldar models are the worst in the entire 40k range. Why in the world would you want to use them as a basis for *any* conversation?

Second point, it's not even a legal vehicle so it seems like even a bigger waste of time. Dont'g give me the whole VDR speech please because that doesnt fly with most players

I think the Eldar have some of the best looking vehicles, why ruin it with DE crap models?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW's Harlequin page has a how-to on combining Raiders and Vypers into what it sounds like you are looking for. You might want to check that out.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I firmly believe that even if it's not game wervy or even looks horrible and conversions sould be supported IMHO. Even if he never uses it in a game So what? I convert a whole ton of my models, not for game play perpeses but just to have fun doing it and I do have lots of fun finding new ways to do something or new looks from basic pieces. I wouldn't be converting if people din't support me, So Bane_of_the_Mon'keig, I support you in your endevers and wish you the best of luck!

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast