Weapon Configurations - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weapon Configurations

Hello all, i play against alot of tyrannids ( considering my brother and my freind plays em) and i dont know what to really use. I looked up the weapon configurations on the GW site and it didnt help much. My three battle suits are as follows,

Commander (shas'o/'el)
    plasma rifle, sheild generator, missile pods, hardwired multi tracker.

Shas'ui team leader
    twinlinked plasma rifle, and a missile pod.

Shas'ui team leader
    Twinlinked burst cannons, and a missile pod.

this is what was on my battle suits before i my friend and brother started playing 'nids. Im no stranger to rippping off the weapons so just give me the best for these three.

Thanx,
    Fire Freneticist

Last edited by fire freneticist; May 18th, 2005 at 22:26. Reason: title error
    loves the funeral for hearts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fire freneticist
    Hello all, i play against alot of tyrannids ( considering my brother and my freind plays em) and i dont know what to really use. I looked up the weapon configurations on the GW site and it didnt help much. My three battle suits are as follows,

Commander (shas'o/'el)
    plasma rifle, sheild generator, missile pods, hardwired multi tracker.

Thanx,
    Fire Freneticist
    Fire Freneticist, the best weapon config is Plasma Rifle/Missile Pod/Multi Tracker. Also drop the burst cannons because if you are in range to use them, then those damn bugs are going to charge you and eat you. Missile Pods are your best bet.
    Peace through Superior Firepower! =^.^=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, what about the jump pack rule. Plus if anything i could have a flamer there. Im thinking about my commander having multi tracker, missile pods and a flamer. One of the two shas'uis with the plasma rifle and falmer with multi tracker, and the other with a burst cannon, flamer, and the multi tracker. But your suggestion is good, adn ill consider it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, what about the jump pack rule. Plus if anything i could have a flamer there. Im thinking about my commander having multi tracker, missile pods and a flamer. One of the two shas'uis with the plasma rifle and falmer with multi tracker, and the other with a burst cannon, flamer, and the multi tracker. But your suggestion is good, adn ill consider it.
    the flamer is the worst weapon to take against the bugs. Yes you will some bugs, but then the rest will pull you down. You can not take on the 10 to 20 bugs that will jump you. The Tau's biggest advantage against bugs is range.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by KCKitsune
    the best weapon config is Plasma Rifle/Missile Pod/Multi Tracker
    Not the best, but the 'all comers' config. I personally would use a twinlinked burst cannons, and a missile pod config as you can take out the weaker ones and still challenge warriors with the missile pod, and you should try to give you suits a 'role'. I find it works well as you can config the weapons based on the 'Role'.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox
    Not the best, but the 'all comers' config. I personally would use a twinlinked burst cannons, and a missile pod config as you can take out the weaker ones and still challenge warriors with the missile pod, and you should try to give you suits a 'role'. I find it works well as you can config the weapons based on the 'Role'.

Mike

Mike, I understand what you're saying, but look at it this way: Your firewarriors are the best unit to use against the small bugs. With 30" of range you can get a lot of shots as the little guys come in. I use my suits and broadsides to hunt the big ones.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I'm not going to turn this into a huge argument, I deffend on the use of my weapons. They have worked well for me.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

this is what was on my battle suits before i my friend and brother started playing 'nids. Im no stranger to rippping off the weapons so just give me the best for these three.

Thanx,
    Fire Freneticist

Ack! Use magnets bro!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mobius, i know what you mean. The problem is that i cant find a shop with the rare earth magnets the articles talk about. I have been doind good with taking them off ex-acto knife style, i did the same thing with my fire warriors awhile back, and mike i like the twinlinkedness of my burst cannons and missile pods. The thing is, if you can win back the points you spend with what you spend it on, then it was worth it. Sending a battlesuit who is garunteed to hit something after 10pt hormagaunts and kills enough is worth it, even if it dies. Plus i still have one full squad of drones, and 3 full sqauds of fire warriors. I have plenty of backup if i get to close. And isnt the style of kauyon supposed to lure enemies in qith a nice decoy? Thats all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

You can find rare earth magnets at any Radio Shack. Just ask the clerk.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast