Storm Guardians Or Defenders? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you guys think is better for ulthwe, storm or defender guardians
    are storm gaurdians worthless, because of their low toughness, or are they good if i give them enhance which makes them ws5.

Or should i go with mostly defenders.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For ulthwe i would definately say make your defenders black guardians. I would have like 3 groups of defenders, 2 of which are black guardians, and then like 1-2 groups of stormies.
    Current Army
    Ultramarines

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well for regular ulthwe i say defenders. make the balck guardians 20 man squads and fleet of foot wiht 40 guardians up the middle witha warlock and conceal. get to the middle fast, and boom 80 shots. then wats left can assult the 40 guardians if they want, or u can wait for them to

for strike force is ay storm all the way. having 40 of these thigns pop out of the gate, and yur in a heap of trouble.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the replies, and sorry for not saying that im strikeforce. I know i will have some of both, and i l ike storm gaurdians, but is it smart to get the t3 guys into close combat?
    Even if i can get them to high ws with a enhancing warlock, plus will thier low strength wound often?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if u ahve like 80 guardians ( 4 sqauds of 20) then yeah. it doesnt matter that yur str 3, yur have so many attacks. specially since they are ALL (or should be) yu get double the attacks at ws and in 5.yur gonna hit most things on 3 instead of 4 so if evens out.

3 to hit 5 to wound

as opposed to

4 to hit 4 to wound.
    <insert witty remark here>

Closed Thread