Help vs Blood Angels Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help vs Blood Angels Space Marines

Hey Guys I am a new Tau player (just started playing 40k), I real need some help if I ever are going to beat my friends blood angles space marines. His army is mosty (we play 1500):

2 Chapains in a lot of Death com. (8+) :eek:
    6 Honour Guards with jump packs, Rhion or deep strik all power weapons
    2 groups of Assault Squads (4+)
    1 - 2 Scout using infiltate or scout ruls (4 - 5)
    1 - 2 Space marines (4 - 5)
    and some armour/tank

His super powered space marines are i contact with my poor Tau 2 turn
    And Death com. is real hard to kill! And there is just so many..

I need some help and tactics if I am going to win.

Thx for you time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Somewhere in the universe, bent hell on beating the crap of everyone in my way.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what really has helped me against space marine in general is a kroot force. It looks like he doesnt use a ton of whirlwinds and the kroot tie down the really fast, nasty guys. Kroot hounds and kroot in general can hold down part of their army for a while. Eventually they will run you over. Broadsides are also very nice to take out his army a little by little. Just keep your guys spread out and when they assault a squad, try to get some room between you and that squad. Maybe my tactic isnt that good, buts its helped a ton. ALso broadsides make them more hesitant on charging, so it may buy you a turn. The key is making sure that when he gets to CC, you out number him by at least 2 to 1. Pathfinders and drones make nice additions.
    Geckos rule!!!
    What lies at the bottomless gulf between the soul and the heart?

In a black corner of the galaxy killing chaos marines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats in your army write them down then I can help you.
    The Sacea will hunt down all of their enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Well, as a new player it will be mightily hard to beat your friend straight away, especially considering he's playing a vastly easier army to use. You've come to the right place to ask for advice.
    There are two very different things you will need to learn before you can start winning, if winning is so important to you. The first is how to build a good army list, and the second is how to actually use the units on the battlefield.
    The first is much easier to learn and can be told just as easily, and it's a lot easier to help with strategy once we know what units you are using.
    If, for example, you are using a 1500p army without stealths then I can see why you might be having some trouble. If you are including stealths, then we can give you advice on how to use them.
    Strategies as simple and effective as the jump shoot jump tactic, to more complex such as not to get them cornered and even their ability to kill a lonely marine in combat (even a blood angel).
    So, give us a list on what you like to take so we can start helping.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about my army, after you said stealth suits and came up with this:

1 Shas'o: missile pods, TL plasma rifle, multi-tracker target lock and 2 shield drones

2x6 stealth suit teams
    2 x 10 fire warriors with sha'ui with markerlight
    2 x 10 fire warriors
    2 x 2 Broadside battlesuits: TL plasma rifle, TL railgun and muli-tacker
    Hammerhead Gunship: ion cannon, burstcannon, decoy launchers, muli-tacker and 3 seeker missile

The Broadside is there for killing the death com. and some of the jumppack marines along with the hammerhead.

Is this totally lost or do I have a chance? :confused:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would remove the target lock and drones from the commander
    ---Without the drones he won't be targetable unless he is the closes unit.

I would add a crisis team.
    ---Not sure on the weapons as I have never played Blood Angels

possibly remove a stealth team

I generally don't like to give FW's markerlights
    ---Your entire squad would have to shoot at whatever you were trying to markerlight

I would then remove the seeker missles from the Hammerhead
    ---They are pointless without markerlight
    Last edited by Shammah; May 20th, 2005 at 17:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

I agree 100% with Shammah.

A marine killing list would use 2* Shas'el twinlinked plasma, fusion, hwmulti. These guys are the most efficient crisis suit in the tau army at killing marines. Then you have 2*deathrain crisis for rhino's. The 12 stealth are alright.
    I'm not sure if you even need railguns. If you could use 2*Ionhead you have a marine slaughtering army, as ionheads are the most efficient unit in the tau army at killing marines. You can still fit in one broadside too, just incase.

2*el Helios
    2*ui Deathrain
    12*Stealth
    40*Fire Warriors
    1 Broadside
    2 Ionheads
    1500p
    That list will hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Shas'o: Fusion Blaster, plasma rifle, multi-tracker target lock
    2 Crisis: Fusion Blaster, plasma rifle, multi-tracker
    2 Crisis: Fusion Blaster, plasma rifle, multi-tracker
    2x6 stealth suit teams
    4 x 10 fire warriors
    1 Broadside battlesuits: TL plasma rifle, TL railgun and muli-tacker
    2 Hammerhead Gunship: ion cannon, burstcannon, decoy launchers, muli-tacker

I am not sure, but this was the army you ment?? And what tactics do I use? His jump mariens and his death com. is in the games we played kill my tau in 2 turn! And the death com. has the super powered "feel no pain" skill?? Making them damn hard to kill

I am really great fuld for all help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG! I have almost the same exact problem as you... Those annoying sniping scouts really annoy me along with the 2+ armour saves on jumppackers and whenever I have to roll a 6 to kill his vehicles or something.

I think the best solution is PR's and tons of shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play against Khrone quite a bit, while I realize BA and Khrone are two vastly diffrent armies, they share two things. Power Armor and CC. To remedy this, I generally use Hammerheads, the Ion cannon is the one of the best anti-heavy inf. weapons in the game, added to the fact that it can hit on a 2+ (with markerlights). Since hammerheads are skimmers if they move more the 6" they enemy can only score glancing hits, and (important against CC armies), it requires a 6 to hit in CC. With multitrackers and Ion cannons, Hammerheads become extremely dangerous to assualt Marines. I probably would not use many (if any) suits, simply because they are run down so easily. Kroot are another excellent choice, stick them in the woods and shoot, if your opponet assualts them, then at the very least your going at the same time, and if they die, its only a small portion of your army.
    Who brings a Hammerhead to a 500 point fight?!
    -Local 'Nid Player

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast