Wow... They Are Hard....... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just played dark eldar for the first time and didn't know what to expect.
    Damn they are hard..... I think some one got a little to generous with the wargear for them...... damn near all thier troops made my berzerkers look like lost puppies out their on the battle field. Not to mention about two thirds of his army warped in around the middle of the table. All charging in on transports jumping off and in to HtH in the second turn with about all of my army. Thought I'd be slick and charge my dready into them only to find out that they glance on 6's to hit.... Now that's gay........ Sure they suck when you shoot at them..... but when most of their army isn't even on the table until they get into HtH with you what does that matter. I guess the next time I play them I'll just have to hold my berzerkers back and play shooty with them..... cause they basically own in HtH...... What should I do against these sneaky little bastads..........

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Could you give us some information what exactly your opponent used in his army list?

Not to mention about two thirds of his army warped in around the middle of the table. All charging in on transports jumping off and in to HtH in the second turn with about all of my army.
    If those that charged you in turn 2 are those who "warped in", then your opponent is a cheater. That's impossible unless he passed all reserve rolls and the model with the webway portal remained stationary in turn one.

Thought I'd be slick and charge my dready into them only to find out that they glance on 6's to hit
    Only few models have a weapon which can harm a dread in the DE army list (an agonizer), and it does not damage on a to hit roll of 6, but it first has to hit as normal and then it glances on a seperate d6 roll of 6.
    First hit roll to hit, then roll a d6, if it's a 6 then roll on the glance table.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he rolled for reserves.... he just said that they get to warp in.....
    the reason they got into hand to hand in the second turn though was that the person that opend the portal was stationary the first turn..... but due to the mission it was an 18" deployment zone........ then through that warp gate thing he used 3 of those transports..... that came speeding at me..... after they sped out the units jumped off and charged.......... Of course we were playing old vehicle rules which I now know why he wanted to do that........ so they hopped off... and they all had combat drugs so two of the units got to assult 12" mind you they just moved 12" from the transports.....

I kinda questioned whether he was cheating ...... but I didn't know the army so I didn't say anything.......

But he told me that with the antagonizer that he glanced on a to hit roll of 6 ....
    he never said anything about rolling an extra D6

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

He definitely had to roll for reserves.

Concerning the agonizer, the rules aren't written very clear, quite a lot of players mess them up.
    Codex DE, page 14:
    "Vehicles hit by an agonizer take a glancing hits on a D6 roll of 6"

He would be right if the rules were like this:
    "Vehicles hit by an agonizer take a glancing hits on a to hit roll of 6"
    But that's not what the rules say...

BTW...eventually he used the same interpretation concerning the fight against infantry. He could have claimed that agonizers autowound on a to hit roll of 4+...that's not how they work. You roll to hit as normal, then you roll a D6 instead of a to wound roll. Basically they always wound 4+, but there is nothing special about the to hit roll.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos versus De fair chance, but i think everyone knows i wodn't beat ya, i am absolut Sh*t against the older teams i have beat tau though

enogh about me, did he have alot of heavy weapons(blaster ,dark lances etc) if he did he shud of only had 2 of each special weapon including shredders, but i agree they are generous with the wargear, holy sh*t are they hard though

Closed Thread