Xv14 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xv14

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Xv14

I've always wanted to include a Stealth team in my army, but I could never find any of the models in the stores that I frequent, so I decided to make my own Stealths out of some spare parts I had lying around.

First, I assembled the basic FireWarrior legs, torso, backpack, and helmet. I added a large Gun Drone antenna to the backpack. I shaved the Tau symbol off of the shoulder pad, as I'd be adding something there later. I then took a Burst Cannon from the Crisis Suit sprue and cut off the bulbous end of it (this end went onto the shoulder pad, where I took off the Tau symbol). Then I carved a little bit out of the Burst Cannon so I could fit a Firewarrior arm in there (I cut a right Firewarrior arm off just below the elbow, and had to shave the nub a little bit to get it to fit). Then it was just a matter of finding a left arm that would give the model a dynamic look.

Haven't got any pictures right now, as I haven't finished painting any of these guys yet. They'll be painted in my old scheme of green and blue ink to set them apart from the rest of my army (who now use the red/yellow and blue ink paint scheme).

I call my Stealths XV14s. That they are a precursor model to the XV15 Stealth that is in the codex, though all the same costs and rules apply to my hybrid models.

I think the poses turned out very well, and it was a lot cheaper than buying six metal models (if you don't consider one Burst Cannon per Crisis Suit, but I try not to use Burst Cannons on Crisis anyway.)

I'll post pics when I get one of them done.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I would be interested in seeing those pics, as I have converted some FW by giving them some molded Jet Packs and repositioning the legs for flying poses.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x4)

Well, I didn't model anything to represent jetpacks, but the models I made do have some very striking poses using the FireWarrior legs. I'll get some pics up as soon as I get finished painting some of them, which should be by the end of this week, if not earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. Nice way of saving money there. Wish I had thought of that before buying 12 of those Stealth Suits! LOL!
    "To each his own"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds good, but i really like them stealth models. You may change my mind when you post the pics however.
    The avatar is the emperor as a pimp. Well, i like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x4)

Well, it's 0020, and I have PT tomorrow morning, so I should'a been in bed a couple of hours ago, but I got motivated to finish my Stealth team, so here they are:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...StealthTop.jpg
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...ealthFront.jpg
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...ealthAngle.jpg
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...ynamicPose.jpg
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...lthStatics.jpg
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...Supporters.jpg

Heheh, it's my first time working with static grass, and I've got to say, I'm very impressed with my work.

Tactically speaking, I think I might upgrade one to a Team Leader (the guy carrying the doo-hickey) and give him a Hard Wired Drone Controller with two Gun Drones. Since Pulse Carbines and Burst Cannons have the same range, I'm all set there, not to mention the squad still has jump-shoot-jump and stealth capabilities. And since Stealth Suits and Drones are the same toughness, I'm not really screwing myself with the majority toughness rule. Adding the ability to pin the enemy to my Stealths I think is a great plus to the unit. Has anyone run a squad like that before? Can you give me feedback?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Wow! Sweet! That inspires me. Those are awesome, nice work. Excellent job.
    Back to my tactical self.
    Gun Drones with stealths are good, but they're still 27p for 2 and so that's why most people see it as not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great work there man. Nice way of saving money AND showing off a little inguenity
    "To each his own"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey they look good!!! I may do that since i accidently destroyed a suit whilst, err, converting it...
    The avatar is the emperor as a pimp. Well, i like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, those are really well done! If only I had 6 extra burst cannons... =D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast