Lictor and terrain - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lictor and terrain

I got to take a look at the new codex yesterday (Game Parlor had a copy chained to the wall, lol) and looked good and hard at the Lictor's "secret deployment" rule. Two things I thought I'd ask everyone about:

1) The Lictor may deepstrike into any AREA terrain. So, what do y'all define as area terrain? Forests and jungles are obviously covered; what else? Are hills area terrain? Ruined buildings? Rivers? Roads? Big rocks? Some of these may seem nonsensical, until you get to...

2) The Lictor is not destroyed if it deep-strikes into impassable terrain. HUH? Does that mean you can deep-strike it into a river or a rock or a lava pit or something? If you do, does it automatically move to the edge of the terrain or can it sit in impassible terrain if it wants to?

--Ditchdigger

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i belive the point is that if you deepstrike into difficult terrain the lictor appears in that terrain. For example if it deepstrikes into a river, it will rise menacingly out of the water and attack. If it deepstrikes onto a cliff, it will reveal itself and leap off the cliff onto the prey below.

lava most likely was not a eventuality they thought of...so be sensible and set it beside the lava like you said lol
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Use the search, this has been discussed in a 6 page thread before:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t=area+terrain (Deepstrike Lictor = less scary?)

I beleive the consensous was that you don't deep strike into just any cover. It has to be terrain that covers some large part of the map. This includes walls, buildings, etc. This seems like an ok thing because you can get it into some large center pieces or walls the opponent is hidding behind.

Um ditchdigger I'm kinda puzzled because you were one of the people who provided an answer to this question in the above thread. So you have seen the other thread and answered it.
    Last edited by Warrior47; May 24th, 2005 at 14:35.

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Another question with Lictors is if they still get destroyed if they move within 1" of a model in the same cover as them...
    It doesnt say that they shouldn't, but it makes sense they wouldn't, seeing as they are sneaking around.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Flesh hooks let Lictors (or any Nid with the upgrade) treat impassible terrain as difficult instead. This might be limited to vertically impassible (walls, sheer hills etc.) if there is a BGB difference between impassible and vertically impassible.

As far as the 1" thing, they should act like any other unit that DSs. Get to close to the enemy and they get the drop on you and kill you instead of the other way round.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny I had this come up in a game this weekend. Lictors DS into terrain where I had warriors. Scatter took them right into the middle of my squad. So would the Lictors have died or just placed an inch away?
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i think it seems a bit more sensible for it just to stop an inch away...why would it get destroyed if it snuck up right on top of them...it wouldn't walk into the middle of a unit and not realise it was there...the prey unit wouldn't realise it was there...so it would be able to attack them first no matter what

hence not destroyed logically
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Logically, Carnage is correct.

Ruleswise, however, any unit that follows the Deep Strike rules is destroyed if the figure you use to mark where the unit appears scatters into contact or within 1" of the enemy. Since the Lictor follows Deep Strike rules and has no special rule that allows it to be closer than 1" from an enemy model, I'd say it gets killed if it scatters into an enemy unit.

EDIT:Cleanin' up me bad grammer :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Gojiratoho; May 25th, 2005 at 21:24.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojiratoho
    Logically, Carnage is correct.

Ruleswise, however, any unit that follows the Deep Strike rules is destroyed if the figure you use to mark where the unit appears scatters into contact or within 1" of the enemy is destroyed. Since the Lictor follows Deep Strike rules and has no special rule that allows it to be closer than 1" from an enemy model, I'd say it gets killed if it scatters into an enemy unit.

This is the way i have played it in my last two games, if you want to attack that turn you take the risk
    If it lives it will be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DOH! Oh well all I lost by allowing him to place the Lictors 1 inch away was one DE warrior squad out of a Wych Cult. He lost all 3 to Wych assaults the following turn. Next time I'll know better and make sure to spread warriors out in the trees to keep the Lictors from even being able to drop in on me.

Thanks for the info.
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast