Squigs, Squigs, and more Squigs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attack Squig Squad as Wargear

Is there anything to stop me from giving a nob or a slaver a small squad of Attack Squigs as wargear? I think the limit for wargear on a Nob is 40, so thats 6 attack squigs right there (ish). However this begs the question of whether the squigs count towards unit coherency, can be picked as casualties, or count towards overall toughness. (Fat group of no's sans artillary I think.)

This isn't really a practical idea, but squigs are just so darn cool.

Last edited by Myomer; May 25th, 2005 at 16:58.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Unfortuantly, the max you can have for any of the 'slave' wargear (ammo runts, squighounds, attack squigs) is three.
    Still, I've been reading through the new catachan codex (It's free, ladz!) and wondering if it might be worth sticking an attack squig on each of my nobs if I end up fighting in a jungle...
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still, even with 3 you can get a 60 model retinue for your warboss at just over 500 points... gotta be worth something!
    ROIGHT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A maxed out Warboss with mega armoured retinue and three attack squigs each would be undefeatable. That would probably be the most amazing god aquad.

No matter how good the enemy is, they have to go throw 33-38 attack squigs, and then 23 t4 2+ save wounds, all while 35 power claw attacks smack upon them.

Would cost probably 1k points or more though. And it would be slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get Warboss Nazdreg, and have his entire retinue infiltrate. Throw a Kroot Hound Pack or two into the mix, and watch as alpha rush of doom takes place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play feral orks(we get cheaper squigs) and feild a full unit of cyboar mounted nobz with two attack squids each, and 'uge choppas (we get thos cheaper too) more expensive than you care to think about, but reall disgusting in CC

+ Reply to Thread