Holy Crap I love Spyders and Scarabs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Holy Crap I love Spyders and Scarabs

Ok, its official,

I absolutely love tomb spyders and scarabs. It used to be that if I had points left I might try to fit one or the other into my list, but now I am going to put them in every list I make (tomb spyders at least).

Here is the reason. Two days ago I was at the local GW with my necrons trying to find someone to play against. Finally a marines player asks me to play. we agree on 1250 pts, I glance over at him as he is putting his army list together and I see 2 squads of 5 termies both in drop pods, and a chappie with an assault squad retinue.

Now I am thinking to myself "What a bastard, he's making his list to specifically destroy my 'crons." So I do the same, I get a destroyer lord, 3 spyders, 3 Heavy destroyers, and a squad of 8 scarabs along with warriors and destroyers.

Anyways Its a massacre in my favor for a couple of reasons. The first is that 2 of my spyders (the 3rd got wasted by a lascannon and a missile launcher) wiped out 6 of the 10 termies and a 7 man squad of marines, the lord took out 2 of the remaining termies. the other reason is that my 8 scarab swarms managed to wipe out the chappie and assault marines in 2 turns.

so as i said, instead of just liking them, I now LOVE spyders and scarabs

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was in a similar match two weeks ago and i agree tomb spyders and scarabs are incredibly useful
    I FEAR NOTHING!
    DEATH IS JUST ANOTHER TASK!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never played with Tomb spyders, but when I've proxied necrons. (I don't have 'em yet.) My scarabs have taken out 2 squads of space marines easily. And somehow only loosing 2 out of 5 bases. I'll have to try some Tomb spyders next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was just wondering what those termies were equiped with, because my friends termies wasted my spyder with powerfists. my spyder only killed like two of them. but i do agree sypders are very versitle. i also find scarabs very useful.

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb_Guard
    i was just wondering what those termies were equiped with, because my friends termies wasted my spyder with powerfists. my spyder only killed like two of them.

Hey, If the Tomb Spyder kills two termies then it has bought its point back in full, plus a little more. I think the fact that it can go toe to toe with a squad of termies shows just how potent the Syder is. Hell, with spyders I don't have to worry too much about bringing AP2 packing Heavy Destroyers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

I'd take Spyders in any game for a different reason, they keep you alive. They're pretty decent in combat, but if you have some running around they will help you with WBB. Especially if a squad of Destroyers die, and there are no Destroyers nearby.

But, yes, they can be used in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

using tomb spiders for the WBB help is a bad idea, it almost never occurs that you have a second of a squad, and a TS next to it. the CC abilities help much more, escecially as they are armor cutting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

ok first i wanna apoligize for bumping this thread from the second page, but i just had to give another example of tomb spydery goodness that i experienced the other day. And its prolly better to continue this thread rather than start a new one.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So this time I was at the local GW again, but i was playing a freind of mine who has Nightlords. Usually this means a bad ending for me as he uses terrain very well and is in close combat before i know it.

well, remembering the good luck I had with my spyders against marines I decided to use them again. part of my army (including 2 of my 3 spyders) was set up behind some walls on either side of a gap that the enemy can get through. I was using a squad of warriors as bait for the trap and a Destroyer lord was right next to them.

Well, My freind fell for it ( I was as surprised as you guys probably are) because I had never used the spyders against him before so he underestimated them, he told me afterwords he thought they were only good at helping with the WBB.

So he sends his chaos lord riding a bike and the bike squad he was with at the warrior squad. he kills half of them but they still get a chance to get up (YAY for res orb). I then assault him with the two spyders and the D.Lord who manage to take out him and his entire squad of souped up craziness. My other tomb spyder managed to severely hurt a squad of raptors led by a champ with a pair of L.claws.

On a side note my scarabs managed to kill a squad of havocs and a held up a squad of CSM's for the rest of the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb_Guard
    i was just wondering what those termies were equiped with, because my friends termies wasted my spyder with powerfists. my spyder only killed like two of them. but i do agree sypders are very versitle. i also find scarabs very useful.
    well, to tell you the truth, i got lucky and my opponent rolled some craptastic dice that game. It also helped that he took off p.fist termies before he took off the captain with the power weapon. so it was a case of the p.fist termies not being able to hit squat, while the captain could hit the spyder, but couldnt wound it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree scarabs are pretty good cept mines have never been able to take out a deamon hunter or a battle suit even if it's 4 to 1
    The people who survive are the winners
    The people who enjoy survival are the champions

+ Reply to Thread