Feral Orks Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feral Orks Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Feral Orks Help

I think about collecting some mainly becose of the fluff ,does anyone here have a feral ork army? I have the army list and want some help about where to start, models etc

By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior poet
    I think about collecting some mainly becose of the fluff ,does anyone here have a feral ork army? I have the army list and want some help about where to start, models etc
    I dont have a feral army but i debated it for a while and i recall some other peoples ideas, it involves a whole lot of converting and i think it would be good to mix fantasy and 40k orcs in order to get that "feral" look, i also think one of the biggest draws for feral orks are the Squiggoths which can be pretty cool, you could spend some rediculous amount of money and get the forgeworld one but ive seen some taht where much better converted, i recall one person who went to like a toys r us bought some dinosaur or jurassic park plastic toy and just converted the heck out of it adding all sorts of ork pieces and it was one of the coolest things ive seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I have a Snakebite list, which is basically feral light. Let me see if I can give ya a hand...
    If you want to be a right bastard, you could go for the Madboyz swarm. 120 madboyz, plus six pigdokz armed with rokkit launchas with three grot styboyz each will run you exactly 1068 points. If the pigdok makes their rolls, that is 480 strength 5 choppa attacks IF you manage to get everyboy to charge into combat (which is unlikely, but still). You will NOT make any friends with this list, I might add.
    Most of what I have seen that have worked has included at least one squiggoth (not the forgeworld rules) for heavy support/fire magnet, plus a healthy mix of mobz. A massive squiggoth with three kanons and 12 crew members armed with shootas (that's 24 rapid fire shots! WEEEEE!) will run you 245 points. Pricey, yes, and not really all that wise, but a small squiggoth with a kannon and six guns costs a little more then half that, so there's alot of viability there.
    If you mount your boss on a super cyboar (and why wouldn't you?) see about getting in a squad of boarboyz as well. They come out to a cheaper retinue if you dope them up via a pigdok (as a side note, this is what I do with my snakebites list. Why? Because orks with fleet of hoof rock hard).
    I personally dig huntas. If I put a nob in the unit, I stick a bosspole, flash furs, and a burna on him. Why a burna in a shooting unit? Because if this shooting unit gets charged, the nob (with his wonderful weapons skill and horrible ballistic skill) gets to wallop away with his burna. And that's a good thing.
    As for elites, I tend to see brutes and stikkbommaz show up quite a bit. Truth be told, a unit of stikkbommaz will shred through any light infantry they come across, and if you give them a burna, they can take out vehicles. The problem comes from when you fight heavy infantry, which is when you bring out the brutes. So, against other orkz, panzees of both flavors, guard, nids and tau, bring the stikkbommaz. Against necrons and beakies of both flavors bring brutes.
    As for models? Mix up your 40K units with WHFB (You've got your grot in my gobbo! You got your gobbo in my grot!). This usually works. Go crazy with tribal paint, and use green stuff to fix on fur (this works for lootas as well).
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently have a Feral Ork Army

I currently run a Feral Ork Army. Well I retired all of my other armies until this one is complete. I have a wide Variation I can run.

Theme 1: NOMADIC Feral Orks

I run 3 units of Boar Boyz with Nob equiped with a burna, flash furs, Boss Pole, and another close combat weapon. I leave the Warboss unattached until I want to charge then I will attach him to whichever unit is going to get in there. The boss, there are so many things you can do with him. But definately give him a Burna. But the main of the theme is 30 Boars to show the Feral Orks are always on the move. Then throw in 3 Squiggoths, however you want them equipped, to continue to show the movement of the tribe. Always have a Grot Mob to line up in front of the Boars in case you do not ge the first turn so your boyz can get the 5+ cover. Then Fill your Ranks with as many Mad Boyz as you can hold with the Pig Docs equipped up. Weird Boy attached to a Brute aquad work as well for the long range hit on a vehicle if you need it and they are also a good reserve unit for counter charging if someone gets behind you.

Them 2: The Sea of Green

All the Mad Boyz you can get (120). All the Boars you can get (30). Small Brute Squad with Weird Boy. Warboss equipped up to attach to the boarz. And 2 Squiggoths.

Both of these are for 2000 pt games.

Smaller games I just throw out a squiggoth and a lot of mad boyz with one boar unit and the boss. That usually keeps it fun.

Now for constructing the Squiggoths. I have some very nice scratch builts. Remember the model has to be at least 12" long to be Gargantuan. If you like email me and I can send you some pics to spark some ideas for you. And they are not that expensive. More than likely you can get everything you need from getting bitz from your friends and local gamers.

Shoot me an email and I will be happy to send you some pics of mine. And my Warboss is still in progress but he is looking dam good.

My email is: warpigs8man@hotmail.com

Hope this helps you out. And on a side note I have a lot of fun with them either it me being shot to bits or me bashing the mess out of my opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feild a gargantuan squiggoth, a fully decked out command of nobz on cyboars, and a bunch of grotz. there are really a good deal of things you can do with the feral ork list, all of which are very fluffy. as for what models to build first... well, thats a little bit of a tough question, as there is no one unit that you absalutely positivly must feild.

(shure, I wouldn't be caught dead without at least one squiggoth, but thats just me.)

If you're confident in your modeling prowess, start working on a warboss on a super cyboar while you try to decide what the bulk of your army will look like.

+ Reply to Thread