Is O'shovah Good To Have As A Hq? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read in the codex you cant use Kroots, Drone squadrons, and etherals If you use him. Is it bad to have O shovah for a hq choice, please tell me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I myself would never choose O'shova as an HQ choice. He limits your options and as far as I know, he isn't that good himself. If you want a damn good shooty army like the Tau, don't take him!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scratch that last post.....Oshovah kicks ass! Only use him in basic armies though, sadly.... His close combat skills kick major ass!! Give all your troops the Ork fighters upgrade abd bam!! Good CC tau that can shoot.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with the ork fighter upgrade. 5 pts is alot to spend when the Tau will remain sub-par CC fighters. But I do think O'Shovah is nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the place I play at, the winners of the normal battles have a "HQ Fight" that starts in HtH to see who wins, so I need a strong hq

I really like O'shovah in my army, with a bodyguard of 2 Shas'vre with Ork Fighter, you have a nice HtH hq.

I never liked kroots, they die too quicky with no/6+ save, gun drones squads are blah (can still use drones on other units) and for games 1500 and lower, 1 broadside/hammerhead/stealth team isn't that big a deal.

In short, I like O'shovah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like O'shova. I took out a full Termie squad in HtH with him. I love his strength/# of attacks/save.

His limitations on which units he can use do not really hurt until you get into the larger point battles.

I seem to be doing ok with him upto about 2000 pts. That covers all of the models that I currently own. So for now I always use him.

I don't give orkfighter to my troops, just the crisis/broadside/stealth suits.
    God does not play dice with the universe - Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, only give ork fighter to battlesuits. FWs are only 10 pts, and in my view arent that effective anyway, so why increase their CC skills when they are destined to be killed by their LD anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fact, I think I'll go look to buy an O'shovah model myself this weekend. I'll see just how good he really is.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does everybody paint him red? I think I'd like to see him in a different color scheme, if only for variety's sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I painted him blood red & chaos black with some shadow grey and skull white.

It was the first model I had tried painting, so I jsut used basically what it showed on the box. If I had it to do over, I might try some different colors though.
    God does not play dice with the universe - Albert Einstein

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast