Fighting Daemonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fighting Daemonhunters

My friend will most likely start daemonhunters.And i am in to nids from the beginng i saw them.also because it is a whole different concept os fantasy chaos.
    So with the new codex are there any players that have played against daemonhunters already or thought of a good strategy.Or their thoughts of fighting the daemonhunters with the previous codex,because the nids got some changes but no reall really majot ones so.
    already thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're practically SM but with better and expensiver models.
    Inquisito Lord are kinda like a psyker with his own customized retinue.
    Grand Master & Brother Captains are basiclly buffed upped SM HQs
    Inquisitors are weaker versions of Inquisitor Lord
    Daemonhosts are cool and neat, but what comes with great power comes with weakneses as well... if he includes a deamonhost in his army he can't have Grey Knights.
    Grey Knights Terminators = buffed upped SM terminators
    Death-Cult Assassins works just as a weaker version of the nid Lictor... but costs about half as the lictor.
    Grey Knights = buffed upped SM Marines.
    Inquisitorial Stormtroopers = IG Stormtroopers
    Grey Knights Purgation Squad = Buffed upped SM Devestator Squad but with Daemonhunter heavy weapons.

All other are the same as either the SM version or IG version of the unit/tank with almost the same name ...

If you've played SM before (who haven't) you should use the same tactics against Deamonhunters... oh and stay away from their HQs with your MCs... they will force weapon them to death. Use stealers and CC wariors against them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep in mind that every grey knight model has whats basically a 2 shot 24" range assault bolter.
    be really really careful about where you leave your troops as those things will rape everything but your TMC's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TzarNikolai
    keep in mind that every grey knight model has whats basically a 2 shot 24" range assault bolter.
    be really really careful about where you leave your troops as those things will rape everything but your TMC's.
    yeah... that means loads of loads of gaunts will suffer in place for warriors, ravengers and stealers ... but every grey knight is worth five spine gaunts so it's a pain for the daemonhunter player just to loose one grey knight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

i can see how the grey knights player could be peeved when around scenery... litors... hit and run, hit and run... nice little cover save

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    i can see how the grey knights player could be peeved when around scenery... litors... hit and run, hit and run... nice little cover save
    hehe yeah... the only problem the lictor would have is that all grey knights have SM S and additional 2 cause of their CC weapons so they all have the same S as a HT with toxin sacs. The only good thing is that most of your models have higher I than them, maybe by placing the lictors together they might survive. So lets go rending frenzy .

One major hint is to use the broodlord with S, Sv and Acid Maw upgrade... and his stealer retinue with S, Sv, Acid Maw and Scything Talons ugrade. If you're lucky they're able to kill most things before the enemy can counter attack back. Another hint is to go for his Grey Knight Hero and his terminator retinue with them. Shure they'll haev their terminator IvSv. But it's highly unlikely that they'll save that many attacks. If he uses a inquisitor lord as HQ, then kill as many as you can with shooting (shootley warriors (deathspitters and VC), zoans, biovores) then assault them with warriors or stealers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

warpblast works wonders against them and the weaker one can't be cancelled by their aegis suits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used to play a battle gainst my friend, he had 4 terminators and BC Stern, and i had 1 hive tyrant, gess who won???

me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreachon
    warpblast works wonders against them and the weaker one can't be cancelled by their aegis suits
    Luckily he isn't playing against Witchhunters... otherwise all psykers (HT, zoans in nid case) will suffer pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donkey7890
    i used to play a battle gainst my friend, he had 4 terminators and BC Stern, and i had 1 hive tyrant, gess who won???

me
    You're lucky he dind't had a force wepon... mine HT was killed by one.
    Last edited by zhaf; May 28th, 2005 at 16:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he did but i charged im and those implant attacks are greal against stern----5+ inv and T4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast