All about the hair - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All about the hair

Simple question: Do Eldar have facial hair?

They're like the elves of 40k, and elves dont have facial hair. I think not, but tell me what you think, I'm in an argument about it.

"I'd rather fight 100 Hammerheads than 20 Battlesuits" -Vinnie, an Ultramarine.

*Remember to use the Reputation ability! Click the yellow star beneath a name on the left side!*

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

My answer, "HELL NO!!!!!" You're right, Eldar are the Elves of 40k, Elves don't have facial hair, visa vi Eldar have no facial hair.
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Page 6 of the dark eldar codex (they're the same species right?) has a small picture on the left, 3rd picture down. I can't tell, but that looks like facial hair to me.

But I must be mistaken. Eldar with beards . I don't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I dont think that its a beard, but it shre looks like it. But no, we eldar do not have beards, either of us...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't think so. Eldar friend painted a beard on a guardian without a helmet. I said thats bogus. He claimed its a half-breed. I said humans and eldar are too different to breed (c'mon, the human gene varies form each planet in the Imperium, humans can barely breed with themselves). Overall, I claimed my Tau have the best hair anyway...so soft and beautiful...

*Remember to use the Reputation ability! Click the yellow star beneath a name on the left side!*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'O Briguy
    Eldar friend painted a beard on a guardian without a helmet. I said thats bogus. He claimed its a half-breed. I said humans and eldar are too different to breed (c'mon, the human gene varies form each planet in the Imperium, humans can barely breed with themselves.)
    Actually, according to the old ‘Rogue Trader’ rulebook, Eldar/human halfbreeds are not impossible. In the introduction of the Eldar race it is mentioned that ?…there is little physical difference between Eldar and humans. Indeed, the two races are genetically so close that it is even possible for them to interbreed. Viable offspring are rare but not unheard of, combining the physical appearance and mental attributes of both races.? According to the book, the most commonly believed theory is that the two races share a common ancestor. However, I would be most surprised if GW hasn’t changed the fluff since then. I haven’t heard of any half-breeds in later fluff, that is certain.

So, do Eldar have facial hair? Honestly, I have no idea. My immediate answer would be no, since I can’t recall having heard of official fluff that included Eldar with facial hair, but perhaps that’s only a matter of cultural tradition; there might be Exodites or other types of feral Eldar who do have beards. I wouldn’t expect to see any on a 40k battlefield, though.

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. If they are closely relaed enough to breed...then they are almost human....and must be purged for heresy against the Emperor!

He said he's the Rambo of the Eldar...that can never be. Rambo is too cool to be anything but human. Besides, Catachan Sly Marbo is already Rambo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'O Briguy
    Hmmm. If they are closely relaed enough to breed...then they are almost human....and must be purged for heresy against the Emperor!

He said he's the Rambo of the Eldar...that can never be. Rambo is too cool to be anything but human. Besides, Catachan Sly Marbo is already Rambo.
    I dont see anything "cool" about the human race, they are all deluded rubbish. And how is Marbo (or Rambo for that sake) even close to be cool? Obivously, you havent seen the first film, where rambo goes on a killing spree back in the US after having resigned from his military career (Rambo II & III). Rambo is a mentally ill steoroid munching madman, which in my book is about the farthest thing you get from "cool" you can get. Now, to compare Sly to an eldar of the same point cost -2, let us have a look on Asurmen. Asurmen is wise, graceful and well diciplined every bit as deadlt as Marbo, if not more. Now that is one cool warrior! Oh wait, he cant be cool.. he lacks a beard and a respects athorities. Oops.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

psshhh i've seen eldar sporting fumanchu's and dready knots.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Whether or not eldar have facial hair, I must say that I think that the hair on the pilots of the falcons looks pretty stupid. It looks like a 70s hair style (or something, I'm to young to know exactly when).
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast