Ulthwe Noob Needing Assistance - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please help me.... i have just bought all the rulebooks + Codex n stuff, and i want to collect Eldar Ulthwe, but ppl have said that a Strike force and an army are different. Is it true that you cant have a Fire Prism in a strike force? if the choice on a strike force army list is limited, what are the advantages of a Strike force?

thx 4 any advice plus advice on what to buy ( i have about ÂŁ60, or in dollars i think its $100-120 )

FROM THE BOOK OF THE IMPERIUM:

1. Thou shalt not go on a panty raid in the Adaptus Soritus temple.
    2. Thou shalt not flirt with Howling Banshees. They are the enemy.
    3. Thou shalt not refer to Battle Sisters as Bolter Biatches
    4. Darth Vader isn’t the son of Abaddon
    5. Thou shalt not reassemble a Necron into a washing machine

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The strike force is not for the faint of heart. You can only take one aspect (excluding dark reapers) can't have warp spiders, falcons, fire prisms, shining spears, wraithguard, wraithlords or wave serpents. Also, while it isn't needed, a Seer Council is HIGHLY reccommended. Also, guardians get tactical withdrawal so that if they fall back from casualties, they never stop.

Also, half your army CANNOT be on the table at the beginning. What you need to do is give a warlock or farseer a wraithgate, so they can open it after two turns, making a door for that other half.

The bonuses is that every single guardian gets BS4 except storm squads, who get WS4. The calvary hits like a ton of bricks if you work it right. If not, you're toast.

I'm sure someone else will tell you if I missed anything, but here's the best way to say it.

THE STRIKE FORCE IS NOT FOR SLUGGING MATCHES!
    I cannot tell you how many times I've seen a new player go, "Hey. They need the Eye of Terror Codex AND the Eldar codex. They must be so good. Hey, they get better aim!"

Then on their first game, they try to have a slugging match. It just DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. They do not work for drawn out games. If you play them, yuo need to hit fast, hit hard, and DO NOT leave them room to recover.

For what to start with, go for the basics. Get a seer council and an extra warlock. While this seems pricy you'll be thankful after you've started playing. Next, get a box of (or 2) of defender squad guardians, and a support weapon, then split that box into 2 seperate units to get the basics out of the way.
    If a tree falls in the forest, and it lands on a mime, does anyone care?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually storm guardians i think that u shoudl keep about 3 full 20 man squads of storm guardians in reserve to pop out of the wraithgate. along with 3 war walkers.

for yur aspect i susjest hawks since thye can deep strike, and open the gate, just about anywher u want. then pop out with 60 storm guardians at ws and in 5, war walkers and wreak havov.

guardian defender squads should be on the board from the start with heavy wepons, advancing up the board so when u do opent he gate, u casn give the gusy coming out some support.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx 4 the help...

so do dark reapers not count as aspects? i was going to do them but if they were just troops that would be really cool&#33;

Thx 4 the advice, im gonna buy a seer council box and 2 guardian squads, and eaither s. hawks or reapers ( depending on whether they count as aspects or not)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark reapers do count as aspect warriors, not troops.
    Current Army
    Ultramarines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erg. The strike force is only allowed one unit of an aspect type. Shining spears and warp spiders aren&#39;t allowed.

Dark reapers don&#39;t count towards that limit but they&#39;re still in heavy support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sifer: Dark reapers do count as aspect warriors, not troops
    +
    Long shot: Dark reapers don&#39;t count towards that limit but they&#39;re still in heavy support.

ARG&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

oh well, but i think cos of your help i will have:

2 defender guardian squads
    1 seer council with xtra Warlock
    1 squad of swooping hawks (aspect)

Then i will get the army on the field, put the hawks in the middle, make them open the wraithgate and out comes:

2 storm guardians
    1 squad of dark reapers (hvy support)
    War walkers?

Thx Salamander and long shot for all of ur knowledge. One day i will make Ulthwe great &#33;&#33;&#33;

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

If you read the codex only an Farseer or a warlock can have the wraithgate. So that means either the seer council open it or a warlock attached to a guardian squad can, NOT aspect warriors exarches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erg. Keela mensha Khaine, keep me under control.

Okay, Dark reapers don&#39;t count towards THE LIMIT ON ASPECT WARRIORS. They are in heavy support, NOT TROOPS.

That should clear it up.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LISTEN to ME&#33;&#33;

dark reapers are a heavy support choice. they are aspects, but dont count towards yur 1 aspect choice. meaning u can take reapers and another aspect.

he is rihgt, i looked it upa nd exarchs cant open the gate. im sry.

this is wat u do. have a 20 man guardian squad (no heavy weapon) on the board with a warlock with conceal. yur seer coucil behind them casting fortune to re rool those cover saves. fleet of foot them(yes the coucil can fleet of foot) up the board fast. open the gate and out pops yur army.

BUT the amount of guys u ahve in resevre is half yur units. so i yu start off with a squad of reapers, a guardian defender squad and a seer coucil on the baord then u can onyl get 3 more untis in reserve. it can be equal to or lower the amoutn u ahve on the board.

in reserve i would put the war walkers, and the 2-3 storm guardian squads with warlocks and enhance. give the warlocks int he storm guardian squads waystones.
    <insert witty remark here>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast