Librarium Online Forums banner

Calling Uzi and all elder hive minds.

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Triumph Of Man 
#1 · (Edited)
Calling Uzi and all other elder hive minds.

Righty then, another one of my preparation posts. :)

Now if this is going to be a powergaming army of death, I want it to still be unique.

So the idea (regardless of whatever you have against it's whackyness, will go ahead, but please find holes in my fluff and help me fix 'em) Involves orks being crossbred with tyranids, whether this is from being too close to chaos, orky surjery, or natural infestation/mutation I'm not %100 sure yet, although orky surjery is looking good. These orks will still have their own minds, Their natural resistance to everything in the known galaxy stopping them from falling under the sway of the hivemind (I'm also not sure whether this slight touch with the hive mind should make these orks smart).

This army will "look" orky besides the large sets of claws and talons poking out everywhere.

Eh, as a general question, which units are actually TMCs? warriors are big but I got told they're not TMCs, confused.
-----------------

Army: for each unit I am planning to take I will give my ideas on conversion, help here is also appreciated on both the army composition and modelling.

Winged Hive tyrant: planning to kit him out with a bonesword and warp field as well as some scything talons and all sorts of CC upgrades. I plan on using ghazkull model to make what will ork/machine/nid mutation. But rather than wings I want him to have large rocket boostas. I'll need to cut off his gun hand and replace it with maybe a talon, or a large clawed hand. I think I will have the bonesword arm as one of his mutations along with some scything talons. Hmmm, but I still need a way to make him taller, any suggestions?

Broodlord and 10 retinue: Brood lord will be easier, just a nob model made taller, and then add the scything talons on rending claws which will make him a cheapish 70 points, although if there are anymore worthwhile upgrades tell me. His retinue which should all have scything talons and extended carapace upgrades, won't be hard either. Just a bunch of slugga boyz done the same way then spruced up with a lot of trophies, poses, killing enemies-of-different-races sort of thing. They'll need a sneaky camoscheme to. Although I'll also need to replace the guns with something else, suggestions?

2 Lictors: Hmm, I am thinking on the unmega armoured warboss models. They would be about the right height. Feeder tendrils are useless with out other models taking them? anyway, usual upgrades for the lictors attached. I will try to make them look like the genestealer boyz except bigger, like lone wolves or mavericks.

40 hormagaunts: Nothing special on these. Just 40 slugga boyz given scything talons. and something must be done with their guns. Umm, are there any upgrades that make em go faster? perhaps I'll need them.

Winged fighty warriors: Ummm, perhaps 5 with rending claws, scything talons and and toxin sacs as well. They should be around 200 points. But as of yet I haven't got much of an idea about the models, perhaps stormbyz? Bu they need to be bigger I think. Suggestions needed here.

Carnifex: Venom cannon, scything talons, reenforced chitin, extended carapace and enhanced senses.
That should round out my little beast. This guys out to scare the tanks and hopefully *chuckles evily* instant kill a daemon prince. He should round out a somewhat below 200 points. But modelling, he's gonna be one of those mega armoured nobz. I'm going to to make him stride across the battlefield on six large scything talons.

----------
That's hopefully when I get the codex going to turn out around 1500 points. If I have made any gross miscalculations please let me know.

Hmm, might as well post a duplicate in the ork forums, see waht they've got to say.

See less See more
#2 ·
I may be no Uzi, but that is fluff-wise almost impossible. A tyranid would never breed with another race, because they only want to eat, and (according to many numermous websites) don't have any emotion (fear sometimes, like when stupid IB kicks iN!) However, if outside of the synapse range, gaunts may be atracted to orks. Orks wouldn't be atracted to them 9who would?) and, if the hive mind was smart (which it is), it would have no purpouse to create a way for gaunts to breed, because they are so small and pewny that it'd be easier to create them. If they did breed, the hive mind wouldn't know about it (because it'd be out of synapse range) and there could be a secret little cult forming out of the hive mind which may try to assasinate larger creatures. I don't know, I mad most of it up. Hope it makes some sense. Still, a good idea. I'd like to see that. Consoidering orks and nids are close combat armies, they would get close before they die, so you're right there.

I thought of a really cool idea, though. Why don't you have a squad of any other army which has like a brain bug on its head? Carve out a section of the head, then add green-stuff so its like a green brain stuck to the creatures real brain. Then you could have some zombies!

#3 · (Edited)
Fast and Deadly said:
I may be no Uzi, but that is fluff-wise almost impossible. A tyranid would never breed with another race, because they only want to eat, and (according to many numermous websites) don't have any emotion (fear sometimes, like when stupid IB kicks iN!) However, if outside of the synapse range, gaunts may be atracted to orks. Orks wouldn't be atracted to them 9who would?) and, if the hive mind was smart (which it is), it would have no purpouse to create a way for gaunts to breed, because they are so small and pewny that it'd be easier to create them. If they did breed, the hive mind wouldn't know about it (because it'd be out of synapse range) and there could be a secret little cult forming out of the hive mind which may try to assasinate larger creatures. I don't know, I mad most of it up. Hope it makes some sense. Still, a good idea. I'd like to see that. Consoidering orks and nids are close combat armies, they would get close before they die, so you're right there.

I thought of a really cool idea, though. Why don't you have a squad of any other army which has like a brain bug on its head? Carve out a section of the head, then add green-stuff so its like a green brain stuck to the creatures real brain. Then you could have some zombies!
When an ork and a gaunt really really like each other.... :eek: ewwwww, sick!

Ok perhaps crossbread was the wrong choice of words, I didn't mean it like that. I today mulling over it and I have come with this idea, feel free to criticise some more.

The "Carnifex" (why the hell do I feel like calling him Sonic?) is the warband's paindok (i think that's what they're called). Being the crazy ork he is he was not content simply patching orks back together. He reasoned that he could make orks even "tuffa" as they say by ataching bits of the most powerful enemies they'd fought (this may give me some room to use other stuff for conversion). Starting with some regular boyz, Sonic began grafting (much like we do today) bits of their dead foes onto the boyz. These prototypes allowed him to recreate himself to what he believes is a perfect 8 scythe legged freek of destruction. Although one rule set down by his warboss (who fancies himself having a "devil-giva-stuff" attitude) was "NO CHAOS BOY CRUD CAUSE DEY TO DAMN CHANGY!", Sonic is undeterred and to this day continually pratices his mad dok surjery on himself and unlucky prisoners/volunteers.

Any better?

#4 ·
Well there is always the chance that this could be a splinter fleet that needed more genetic material and the strongest around was ork so the army greatly resembles them. The genestealers also could have breeded using orks while the invasion commenced. I think that a brood lord way into transformation with the orks would be more likely to be the doc.

The lictors feeler tendrils are not useless. They give all units withen I think 6" preferred enemy against what ever you are fighting.

There are no more TMCs. They are now MCs and only the Tyrant and Carni are MCs.

#5 ·
This could work fluff wise I think. Let's say that the Orks invaded an Imperial Agro-World for arguments sake. The Orks got their collective green butts kicked, but they spored the hell outta the planet so they could come back later. Now let's say a splinter fleet that was badly damaged and weakened from fighting happened upon said Agro-World and thought "Ohhh...BioMass". Spore Pod rain ensues and the planet is wiped out of all organic material so the splinter fleet can regrow and become strong again. Now, since the orks were just there, everything is impregnated with their spores, water, grain, forests, lakes, everything. This splinter fleet was so badly beaten from earlier battles that the Ork DNA corrupts the Tyranid DNA. The fleet is too weak to fight it, and the DNA is strong and healthy, so they just adapt to use it. Hence, Tyranid Orks.

#6 ·
nids have eaten orks before...the biovore came from that. Nids are never too weak to pick and choose what they mutate into. if they eat DNA they dont automatically mutate. The norn queens pick and choose what DNA is used and what isn't, so they would decide what is used. And they would not decide to use ork DNA as that would just slow the nids down, and probably make them far less dangerous.

nids are predators. Thus at the moment they are perfect for what they do.

but good ideas from all of you, and i suppose if the fleet was so weak it might chose to use the ork DNA just to replenish numbers and survive...who knows

#8 ·
Carnage said:
nids have eaten orks before...the biovore came from that. Nids are never too weak to pick and choose what they mutate into. if they eat DNA they dont automatically mutate. The norn queens pick and choose what DNA is used and what isn't, so they would decide what is used. And they would not decide to use ork DNA as that would just slow the nids down, and probably make them far less dangerous.

nids are predators. Thus at the moment they are perfect for what they do.

but good ideas from all of you, and i suppose if the fleet was so weak it might chose to use the ork DNA just to replenish numbers and survive...who knows

That was my line of thought, only because in the new codex it mentions splinter organisims (Catachan Devil, Ymargl Genestealers) that evolved seemingly independently of the Hive Mind's influence. They aren't true Tyranids, just Tyranid creatures that were left to their own devices.

That and Ork Freebooterz (1rst or 2nd edition, I can't remember which) had rules for Ork/Tyranid hybrids.

Or you could also say that the Orks had beaten an extremely weak splinter fleet, captured it, and started selectivly breeding (allowing the nids to harvest Ork DNA in controlled quantities) until the Ork DNA was more prevelant than the Tyranid DNA.

#9 ·
im not sure its possible to bred tyranids with anything...only the norn queens have the skill to splice and mutate the nids...i think, but it might be possible

#10 ·
OK, seen the new lictors, hate them, they got smashed in CC by guardsmen. So scratch the lictors. Also the warriors shal have leaping instead of wings, cheaper and it brings them to a little under 40 points methinks.

I have been working the the general fluff a bit more, post what you think.

The warboss is a fanatical preacher of Gork and Mork, envisioning himself as the next prophet after ghazgull. He and his boyz are on a constant green kroosade, attacking orks that don't listen to the words of the prophet as well as other alien races. For his devotion it seems Gork and Mork have rewarded him and the boyz by changing the effect the "Power of the WAGH" has upon them, Allowing them to put on insane bursts of speed to clear the open grounds and to get to grips with their enemies ( this is to represent the leaping rules of the hormagauntts and warriors, presumably the "fex" Sonic is too fat and slow(also he's a little heretical as those things go but he is needed to much by the boss)).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.