Painboss and Retinue - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painboss and Retinue

I've always overlooked the Painboss for some reason, but damn, Cyborks are tough as nails.

Normal Slugga Boyz have Strength 3, Toughness 4, and 6+ armor save
    Cyborks have Strength 4, Toughness 5 (!!!), and 5+ invul save

Instead of Trukk Boyz, I am considering taking a Painboss and a 9 Cybork entourage mounted in a Wartrukk as a fast, hard hitting unit. Yes it costs more, but at least you'll be alot more survivable once u get to the front line (invul will help vs power weapons too)

Anyone have any success with a Painboss and his retinue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well for a pain boss I would give him the mad doc tools with some grot ordelies, now with this your cyborks become slightly harder to kill since you can have a better chance to get them to stand back up
    The Predator Lingers forth. Suddenly the sound of several wipping sounds can be heard far off into the distance, a second later the once mighty Predator ignited with flames. "Sir what was that" The srgt replied "Its those damn Broadsides"

Hear the wip, fear the Broadside.
    Tau 2-2
    Guard 26-45

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Actually, in my 'nilla WAAAGH I use a painboss and a unit of trukkboyz as a mobile spearhead. I take a painboss and eight cyborks (why eight you ask and not the full kahoona? My warboss rides with them) and, truth be told, they chew through things like no one's buisness. Sure, there's only a max of nine of the buggers, but when they hit, they hit HARD.
    They also work well in a foot slogging army if coupled with 'Ardboyz.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend had huge painboss & cybork success in a game we played (i was necrons)

he put them in a trukk, zipped them out from behind cover and wiped out a unit of necron warriors in a couple of turns. he took 2 or 3 casualties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of interest for any of you that are insane as I..... The painboss and retinue is a great opportunity to model some of the greatest orkses ever - MUTIES!!! Or, as they are more commonly known - Kaos Orks.

Just in case.

Dakka!
    "Where dere's wun - dere's ple'ty more!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just wondering what is an easy conversion for cyborks, cause they is the shiiiiizzzz
    When you combine Speed and Power you get Lightning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LightningGus 3
    just wondering what is an easy conversion for cyborks, cause they is the shiiiiizzzz
    I was thinking of just taking some slugga boyz and making some of those hydraulic hoses/wires (like those on the powerclaw and the warboss choppa) going from their backs to their biceps, legs, and maybe head. I'd cut out flat areas on the muscles/legs and maybe dab some metalic paint to show a metal connection

Superglue both ends, dunno what material i'd make the hoses out of. Some type of thin plastic tubing would be ideal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I'm lazy when it comes to making cyborks (hey, you only need nine of the things), so what I ended up doing was leaving their arms off and using bits and peices from the various sluggas, shootas, and the chain choppa to give them each what looks like a robotic arm.
    This is called the 'lazy git' approach to modeling.
    Now, on the other hand, the link that I'm about to send both of y'all through PM will give you plenty of ideas, especially if you search for 'cybork' or 'painboss'.
    *EDIT*
    Well, I sent the link to Gus, but I can't seem to aim it at you, Lodrin. If you're interested, lemme know and I'll try again later.
    Last edited by citybeatnik; June 9th, 2005 at 02:04.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am very interested, but i dont seem to have gotten the message
    When you combine Speed and Power you get Lightning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plan on putting them in my final list of 1850.

+ Reply to Thread