Power Blades or Executioner? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power Blades or Executioner?

What weapon upgrade do you take for your Banshee exarch and why? I really like the extra attack from the blades, but considering that she'll be in a unit they really shines against SM and CSM the executioner might be the better choice. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

depends who your going against.

exacutioner- for higher toughness like SM's, CSM's, Necrons...

power blades- IG, Hordes, things of that nature

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Honestly I'd only ever take the executioner on her, if you are going agianst hordes than your better off just taking striking scorpians as they are better at wading into the loads of poorly armored troopers.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm bending rapidly...the power blades seem far more fluffy, but that's life. I think she will be taking the executioner and doing what I need her to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

The Executoner is the btter choice, cause power armoured troops generally have higher toughness (Battle Sisters being the exception, and Inquisitors) so the extra strength comes in useful when the rest of the squad is wounding on squads. Power Blades do better against Sisters, but that's it. Againts "proper" Power Armoured troops, take Executioners, against Hordes take Scorpions with Exarch with Biting Blade and Crushing Blow. For Tournaments or "take all comers" then take Scorpions with an Exarch with Scorpion Claw. Each of these is best for the respective situations.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

For quite some time now i have used 2 squads of banshees, 1 exarch with power blades, 1 with the executioner. I find the executioner performs better/ more consistently. Plus worse comes to worse you can try to use the executioner to pop transports. This is difficult, but not impossible. WIth power blades, its impossible with Str 3.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulas
    The Executoner is the btter choice, cause power armoured troops generally have higher toughness (Battle Sisters being the exception...
    I don't think that sisters are even the exception, because if they are about to be charged by banshees they will inv. save themselves with faith. That means that it won't make much of a difference what type of weapon they take, because the 3+ inv. will prevail.

That's why I would say that either the executioner or striking scorpions are the better option without exception.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

if they are about to be charged by banshees they will inv. save themselves with faith.
    They can try to yes, but faith points can get depleted, and is the squad has no Sister Superior, then it can't use Faith Powers, which is a good reason to Mind War said Sister Superior.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's time like this when you read the boards and realise how sick mind war is, all these little tactics like hidden fists, faith points etc are all effectively hullified with one little mind war.
    Personally if you want bansees, and they are fun, go for the executioner, best to get one or two guaranteed kills to make sure you win combat rather than 3-4 potential which may not pay off.
    Or go with stealthy scorpions, who needs fleet of foot when you start 12" from the enemy?
    Or the added expense of a wave serpant.
    Just my thoughts on the matter
    Ask not a question of the eldar, for they will give you three answers all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don' t like the Banshee exarch. Most of the exarchs are overpriced for what they do. I would spend the points on troops or more banshees. Occasionally i use the exarch always use the executioner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast