Boring - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boring

Hi.

I have played nids for some time and now the new codex is soon in my hands. Therefore, I want to continue expanding my fleet. Howewer, I do NOT want to build and paint alot of models, yes I am lazy. I dont mind painting fexes and tyrants, thats fun, but im sick of gaunts.

I have:

24 Genes
    6 CC warriors
    16 Gaunts w scything talons
    16 Gaunts w spinef toxin sacs
    2 Lictors
    2 Biovores
    2 Zoas
    10 Gargs
    1 Fex
    1 Tyrant

Any suggestions for a army that is good and consistes of only few but wery strong models would be appreciated.

My hate is contagious...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just go for the godzilla army. 3 heavy fex's, 3 elite fex's and 2 hive tyrants.
    use some really cheap and nasty (eg spinegaunts) troops to fill out your compulsary choices.
    sadly this will be expensive moneywise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, stock up on the carnifex. GW has made them their showcase for the 4th edition condex, and you could field 6 which are all different and perform different roles on the battlefield. Even one carnifex fully tooled up can be a sizeable expansion to your army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, take the 8-MC list everyone is raving about, but be warned: it will often be extremely hard to win with. Reason being, your entire army other than your compulsory troops choices will only be moving 6" a turn. 6" X 6 turns is 36", or 42" if you include the assault charge (which you may or may not get). The average board is 48" across, or 72" if you go the long way. So, in doing the math, it means you'll likely never see assault until about turn 5, or you may not at all. All the while, your enemy is going to be unloading every heavy weapon he or she can into your big gribblies. So like I said, this list will be very difficult to win with, but not impossible. Also, be warned that some players (those whose armies lack a huge array or diversity of heavy weapons), will call cheese on you and point and call you nasty names; but if you can live with that, by all means, make your 8-MC list of Tyranid doom.

Some tips for making victory more easy to grasp are:

- play scenarios and make sure you have to claim table quarters...don't just play a cleanse mission where all your enemy has to do is kill you, because he'll likely be able to do that to great effect (especially if he's IG or Tau); that, or ask your partner to extend the number of turns you play to 8 or something...if he's sporting, he'll like that you now have a better chance at reaching his lines because it gives him more of a challenge

- Use cover...don't just lumber your big guys across the table in a straight line...they'll get shot to ribbons

- use SOME fast units; use one flying Hive Tyrant, and either some Raveners that hug cover or deepstrike, or fill your compulsory troops choices with leaping Hormies (just remember Synapse range...maybe take some leaping warriors too)...the objectives of your fast units will be to tie up any heavy weapons squads for just a turn or two...charge them in, then watch them kill or be killed; doesn't matter, just so long as you prevent those 4 Lascannons from firing for one or two turns

- equip your MCs to shoot; don't make them strictly CC, because then they won't even have a chance of earning their points until turn 5 or 6, if at all; you have to make sure all your biggies can do some damage as they are crawling forward, so that means lots of venom cannons and barbed stranglers, and possibly some Deathspitters, but the other bio-weapons are too short ranged (Warp blast on your flying tyrant is almost a must...it will be the only reliable shooty anti-tank weapon you have); BTW, Barbed Stranglers are deadly as hell in the hands of Carnifexes now...possibly even better than the Venom Cannon

- if you're going to upgrade your Carnifexes with anything, make it the Bonded Exoskeleton biomorph...that increased Toughness makes all the difference in what has a good chance of wounding your fexes...I wouldn't really bother with Extended Carapace unless you have the points to spare --- many of the heavy weapons that will be firing at you will be AP 2 anyway

Hope it all goes as you plan; good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THanks alot for the help. I will start buying and painting fexes as soon as they are out.

Moneyvise it is no problem since I am done with my military service in two months, and then I get 2000U.S dollars.

But please, I would like some more input on the biomorph side.

A special thanks to you Houston.
    My hate is contagious...

+ Reply to Thread