Eldar Hiearchy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eldar Hiearchy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Eldar Hiearchy

Can someone give me links or explain to me how the Eldar system works. Even reading through the Eldar codex I still don't understand some things. I assume one Farseer or more guides each craftworld (though I think Biel-Tann has a constant council of war). I am also very fuzzy on the Young King, what exactly is this? Do exarchs eventually become farseers? Or does an eldar just train for it specifically. Any light on this situation would be most helpful as I am planning a campaign and I want to make sure I know how the Eldar work so that everything I do has a good reason and makes sense.

"If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

The Eldar generally follow a Path. There are only a few paths which concern the military or the Eldar. The Path of the Outcast (Rangers), the Path of the Warrior (Aspect Warriors), and the Path of the Seer (Farseers). Warlocks are Exarchs/Aspect Warriors who have left the Path of the Warrior and become Seers. The Young King is an Exarch who is ritually sacraficed so that his soul becomes infused with the Avatar of Khaine. There is generally a council of Farseers on each Craftworld to guide it forward, this council if far more prominant on Ulthwe, forming the Seer Council, and far less prominent on Beil-Tan where it is somewhat replaced the the Court of the Young King, which is a war council. There are also the citizen milita who form up as the Guardians and pilots of the Eldar armies. Wraithguard/Lord's are constructs made of Wraithbone and are infused with the soul of a dead Eldar, usually an Aspect Warrior or Exarch.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Just as a follow-up, the court of the young king is made up of exarches who have survived their term as the young king (in other words, there was no need to sacrifice them).
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

So what exactly happens to the Young King? Do they become the Avatar of Khaine and then serve until it secedes to another person? I'm a little unclear as to what exactly happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

The Young King is nominated as a position of the most senior Exarchs. They serve the position for a set period of time, if the craftworld needs to go to war, it is they who will have the honour of being soul-bound with the avatar of Khaine.

If they dont go to war, then they live. Simple as.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check this out for general eldar knowledge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldar_%...er_40%2C000%29

all you'll want to know brought to you by wiki-pedia
    When you combine Speed and Power you get Lightning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

283 (x6)

So when the Young King sacrifces his soul and binds with the avatar, he becomes the model avatar that I have seen on the battlefield. (Looking for clarification)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Basicly.Nobody ever explained the exact prcoess to me but the Young King gets locked int the big chamber that the dormant body of the Avatar sits in, a little while later the Avatar strolls out, lava blood pumping and bloody hand dripping, and the young King's body is nowhere to be found. Kinda creepy..I think the avatar eats 'im. :eek:
    Last edited by Edicius; June 8th, 2005 at 23:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out the general Eldar fluff article on Critical Hit (I'd post a link, but I've experienced problems with link-posting in the past, so I"ll just play it safe for now). It has a wonderfully evocative passage describing the process in which a Young King is bonded with an Avatar. Basically, the Craftworld leaders (Court of the young King on Biel-tan, Seer Councils everywhere else) decide to awaken "the raging spirit of Kaela Mensha Khaine", who rests in chamber hidden at the very heart of the craftworld, where only the bravest Eldar dare to tread. All the Aspect Warriors and Exarchs assemble outside the door to the chamber, dressed in full battle armour and bearing weapons. A masssive choir of warlocks (100 or so, I believe) also attends, chanting prayers to Khaine. The Young King is stripped naked, the doors to the chamber of the Avatar glow red hot, then open. The Eldar are forced to turn away by the sheer ferocity of the light and heat pouring through from the chamber, and the Young King enters alone. There is a roar from the Avatar... the light that was once white turns red as blood... the chanting of the warlocks grows ever louder and more frantic... and the Avatar appears.

As I understand, the Young King doesn't actaully die, he merely leaves his physical body and goes on to become a part of the Avatar itself. I've always thought of the avatar as some kind of supernatural suit of armour, with the Young King as occupant, obviously empowered by the bloodthirsty spirit of Khaine.

Just BTW: So once an Avatar has manifested itself aboard the craftworld, how exactly does it get down to the (presumably) planetary war zone? I can't imagine an Avatar of Khaine boarding one of those flimsy Eldar spacecraft, nor can I imagine Him/It strolling casually down some exqi\uisitely designed Craftworld corridor and through a Webway portal.
    "You're very interesting, and very perceptive. So interesting, and so perceptive, in fact, that we shall now fight with KNIVES!"
    -Moltar

"I've been dead long before you were born, and I'll be dead long before you'll be dead!"
    -Space Ghost

+ Reply to Thread