Eldar Tactics? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Eldar Tactics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar Tactics?

Anyone got some eldar tactics or tips against different armies? Please post them here... :wink:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could u plz specialize that a bit? for what armies? Which eldar army? biel tan? otherwise the whole forum might be flooded...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guardians...and lots of 'em! Storm Guardians are often underused and are really pretty cool since you can give a couple of them fusion guns and all of them haywire grenades. Mount them in a Wave serpent and use them to destroy land raiders!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

read the codex, saw ppl play, i tink the best strategy is...

shoot while running, then get ur power peices into cc and decimate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two 20 man defender units with star cannons lead by 2 farseers with guide.... think about it. other than that scorpions are your new best friend. or if its space marines you gotta kill, try 6 war walkers with star cannons lead my to seers with guide..... think on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are two weapons in the Eldar armoury that you really should use in your army, and one phychic power I highly reccomend.

1st, if you have a Wraith Lord, give it a Starcannon. It will get 3 Str 6 ap 2 shots while stationary, and 2 while moving. Fairly usefull if you are up against a Power Armour army.

2nd, Direswords. A dire Avenger Exarch armed with this great HtH weapon will do plenty of damage if used right. It ignores armour saves (Gotta love insta kills in HtH) if the model has 1 wound, if it has more than 1 wound, they are Insta killed if they fail a leadership test.

The Psychic power, Mind War. So very, very usefull for taking out characters. I used this in a game I played last night. My farseer had 1 wound left and he was in HtH with a Chaos Lord with 3 wounds. In the shooting phaze I nominated to use Mind War, you and your oppenent roll a D6 and add your leadership onto the score, each point your Farsserer wins by determins how many wounds you inflict. My opponent rolled a 1, I got a 4. Phew. Goodbye Chaos Lord.

Allthough I lost the game I played last night, I learned something very valuable about using a Shooty Eldar army against a force that is tailored for HtH. Using Support Squads effectivly and Cannonfodder. Support Squads can shut down and entire flank if used right, simply get a good support squad (ie Dark Reapers) and put them on a flank that has the least amount of cover the enemy can advance through. Most of the time, you oppenent will avoid this area at all costs, thus you can force him into your Cannonfodder units (your Guardians of course ) and your kill zone. Be carefull however, most of your hard hitting units that you will probly deploy in your kill zone, have a fairly ordinary shooting range (ie Wraithcannons 12", Fusion gun 12", Firepike 18")
    This leads to the problem of being charged, this is why you need those cannonfodder units in your killzone, they will buy you time to make adjustments to your battleplan. Remeber, you dont allways have to move forwards

Closed Thread