Its Down to 2 choices - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Its Down to 2 choices

Ok, after much consideration I have narrowed down my choices of Ork armies to play to two.

Kult of Speed
    -or-
    Snakebites

I have decided on snakebites for the other choice in case I want to do a footslogging army. I chose them because first of all they have Huntas (orks that are better at shooting than other orks) and Madboyz (orks that are better at close combat than other orks). They also have boars as steeds which is just cool.

Right now I cant decide wich one I want. On one hand I would like KoS because I like the idea of a horde of ramshackle trukks and buggies zooming at the enemy. and on the other hand I like the idea of mobs of gibbering madboyz backed up by huntas and cyboars.

any opinions? personally i think they would both be really fun to play while still being competitive. Also i figure they would be similar in price, since with the snakebites, I might need more boxes of boyz, but i wont need all the trucks and buggies

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Depending on your skill as a modeller, and your willingness to convert whatever you happen to get your hands on, KoS might actually be ALOT cheaper.
    Honestly.
    The biggest problem you'll have with a KoS is numbers.
    As for the snakebites... I'm more then a little bit partial to them, since I play the little buggers.
    My biggest suggestion, if you do go the way of the snakebite, is to not go TOO overboard with the madboyz. This does not make you many friends, and there's nothing worse then having four mobz of the buggers suddenly decide that they're rather be running AWAY from the enemy then towards them. I tend to take two mobz of them, along with a pigdok in each and a squad of boarboyz to back up my warboss on his supercyboar. The pigdoks dope up the boarboyz first, and then worry about the madboyz later. After all, even if you don't dope them up, the madboyz are still cheaper versions of skarboyz, so what's not to like?
    I've got a link to a site with some tactics and other things for both KoS and Snakebites, if you're interested. Also got some interesting modeling stuff for whatever you happen to decide on. I'll PM it to ya, if you want.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the kos is also very intreging to me but when i thought about it there isn't enough orks. + all the good choices are your troops and if you want a lot of orks your not going to get buggies and such.

another thing is that you may rely on your transports to get you there, but if your opponent is smart or there isn't enough cover you may find your transports very dead if he/she first turn. my favorite thing in the KoS is the nob bike squad. ooohhh soooo good. give 3+ saves and give em combat kit, you have a T5 unit with a 3+ inv. save after turbo boost. and if not boosting in combat.

and for the snakebites, madboys are insanely good. i was going to play the ferals just for em, and would probably play snakebites if 2 mobs of huntas weren't compulsory. not saying there bad beatnik but i don't got the models for 2 mobs of huntas and 2 mobs of madboyz
    When you combine Speed and Power you get Lightning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Yeah, i would definitly appreciate that link citybeatnik, also i was planning on getting the compulsory 2 squads of huntas and then 2 squads of madboyz.

the more i think about it the more i am leaning towards snakebites.

one other question @citybeatnik in your 1500 pt games, do you find that you have room for grot shields along with your huntas, madboyz, and boarboyz?

because i would dearly love a mob or two of the little buggers to kick around along with my 2 hunta mobs and 2 madboy mobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooo hard choices, well if you do a Kult of Speed army then you are reducing your numbers, becasue everything has to be in a wartrukk, however, you get into close combat in an instant. In my opion I would do Snakebite, becasue having a pur footslogging army is too much fun. I mean over running your enemy with countless orks is great. Theres nothing better then getting 75 attacks, all with choppas against space marines.
    The Predator Lingers forth. Suddenly the sound of several wipping sounds can be heard far off into the distance, a second later the once mighty Predator ignited with flames. "Sir what was that" The srgt replied "Its those damn Broadsides"

Hear the wip, fear the Broadside.
    Tau 2-2
    Guard 26-45

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

I also liked the fact that madboyz cost less than regular slugga boyz for some odd reason. So that way with the points im saving from taking them instead of slugga boys, i can probably take some more grotz to kick around.

as i said before I also like the idea of boyz riding warboars. There is just something kinda significant about an armies elite troops getting pounded by orks riding pigs

Though I still am seriously considering Kult of Speed. I think at this point its really going to come down to cost ($$$ not points)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I've got a sample army list floating around somewhere... I'll see if I can dig it up.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ight=snakebite
    There we go. I've also got a 1750 list floating around there somewhere, where I started investigating the possibility of having some bikers in there, but it quickly got buried by a massive amount of space marine army lists... so...
    One thing that I can defiantly suggest is that if you DO go snakebites, leave the nobs off of the hunta boy squads, especially if you fill up your troop choices with madboyz. Madboyz can't mob up, which is all that the hunta nob is good for. Your huntas are toast if they get into close combat anyway (really, they're ImpGuard with an extra point of toughness and without the flak armour), so having someone built for close combat in a unit devoted to shooting things really doesn't work out. So that's one thing I would change with that list now.
    As you can see, I've got a unit of gretchin in there. And, truth be told, if I took the point totals I spent on the nobs and cut down the huntas just a bit, I could work in ANOTHER group of grots.
    Hope this and the link helps!
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Well, I'm gonna try to make a snakebites list first since they seem to have much more variety than KoS.

My 1500 pt list is here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...113#post382113 if any of you wanna look at it and give feedback.

+ Reply to Thread