New To This Edition... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my first post here and I'd just like to say that I'm very excited about getting back into 40k. I was a huge player years ago. I had lots of Nids, as well as Chaos and Space Wolves.

So I'm putting together a 1000 pt. army of Nids for the first time in 3rd edition. I've got the new Codex and I'm fine with everything (I think...).

So here's my current idea:

- (1) HT (w/ VC, rending claws, flesh hooks, implant attack and enhanced senses) 152 pts.

- (2) Tyrant Guards (w/ flesh hooks, 46 pts. each) 92 pts.

- (32) GS in (4) broods of 8 each (16 pts. each) 512 pts.

- (1) Lictor (am I correct that I cannot give it acid blood because it is a fixed genus?) 80 pts.

- (1) Carnifex (w/ scything talons x2, extended carapace, flesh hooks, reduced BS to base 2) 114 pts.

- (1) Biovore (w/ Frag) 50 pts.

Total: 1000 pts.

----

BTW, I have a total of 44 GS models from the old days, so I want to use as many as I can, because I can.

I've also got the old school metal 'Fex, so I went with it. My friend nicknamed it a CanOpenerFex since it can chew though tanks and such rather quickly.

Anyway, thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. As well, any obviously overlooked rules violations or holes that will give me trouble?

Thanks in advance,
    Scorching Dawn

<span style='color:orange'>And the lands shall burn from horizon to horizon.
    Just as the sun cannot be prevented from rising,
    Neither can the inevitable be halted or avoided.
    Hive Fleet Infernus shall scorch all worlds in its path.
    </span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the reason you can&#39;t give your Lictor Acid Blood is because it doesn&#39;t have enough wounds. You COULD give him acid blood if your Hive Fleet only had 3 different genuses (HW Warriors as HQ and HS, Lictor as Elite, and something as Troops will do it). And, just in case you were planning on it, if you include more Lictors, they count as individual units for the purpose of mutation. <_<

Personally, in a 1000 pt game I&#39;d drop the Lictor and get another biovore or two. It would probably be worth it to drop the Guard too, but I do like them, myself. Actually, with that many close combat genestealers, I&#39;d probably go with the max number of Biovores for the long range threat.

If you REALLLY want to field more Genestealers, pick up Chapter Approved 2003 and check out the Seeding Swarm rules. By giving a unit of troops special abilities, they are moved to Heavy Support or Fast Attack (depending on what you give them). That gives you 12 slots to fill with troops, or, in Genestealer terms, up to 144 Genestealers....that deep strike.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33 ;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

:ahem: I&#39;ve never done it myself though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After much thought, I beilieve I&#39;ll completely revise my previous army list. Here&#39;s what I&#39;m thinking right now:

(1) Hive Tyrant (163 pts.)
    - Scything Talons, Venom Cannon, Enhanced Senses (+1 BS), Flesh Hooks
    - Psychic Scream

(2) Tyrant Guard (92 pts.)
    - Flesh Hooks

(9) Genestealers (144 pts.)

(9) Genestealers (144 pts.)

(1) Lictor (80 pts.)

(3) Raveners (135 pts.)
    - Scything Talons, Rending Claws

(1) Carnifex (114 pts.)
    - Scything Talons (x2), Extended Carapace, Flesh Hooks

(2) Biovores (124 pts.)
    - Spore Mines – each with Poison & Frag

Total Points: 996

----------

I could break up the Genestealers into (3) broods of 6, too, if that ends up working out better.

Also, I can give up the Lictor to pick up an extra (5) Genestealers if I think I need more raw troops.

BTW, we are starting a Cityfight Campaign in a few weeks. Would this army list work well there? I&#39;ve yet to play in the Cityfight rules, so I&#39;m a bit iffy on how to approach it.
    <span style='color:orange'>And the lands shall burn from horizon to horizon.
    Just as the sun cannot be prevented from rising,
    Neither can the inevitable be halted or avoided.
    Hive Fleet Infernus shall scorch all worlds in its path.
    </span>

Closed Thread