A few questions on the new codex.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

A few questions on the new codex....

I really have no way of getting it except through mail order (which means I have to save over 100$ in order to order it and not have to pay shipping), and I have a few questions.

First off, is it true that a carnifex under 115 points is considered elite? If so, then what shooting based builds can one get for such a low cost (or shooting combat hybrids).

Is the whole biomorphing thing set up like it used to be, where you design a hivefleet and can only have x number of species? If not, how is it set up now?

Can Warriors still function as HQ, Elites, Fast Attack and Heavy Support? I know that they no longer count as beasts when they have leaping (making them much slower). Could one still make an army almost entirely centered around them?

The new Broodlord, I've heard he's got some decent abilities, but does he have no actual model? Or does it show you how to convert one in the codex?

Can you still make overly cheap gaunts?

What all has actually changed (list wise), any change in stats or point costs, or abilities? What about biomorphs, I hear you can have tooooooons of them now, is it true? Anything else?

-Edit-

*Realises there is a stikied thread and slaps forehead* Sorry guys, I'm really out of it....

Last edited by archonofdeath; June 11th, 2005 at 01:33.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by archonofdeath
    I really have no way of getting it except through mail order (which means I have to save over 100$ in order to order it and not have to pay shipping), and I have a few questions.
    First off, is it true that a carnifex under 115 points is considered elite?
    Yes that is true
    Is the whole biomorphing thing set up like it used to be, where you design a hivefleet and can only have x number of species? If not, how is it set up now?
    The whole mutation system is gone. You buy biomorphs in the same way you would say buy a flamer for a SM tac squad, you get the choice to upgrade the brood with a biomorph for X pts per model. When you get the codex you will see how they have worked this.
    Can Warriors still function as HQ, Elites, Fast Attack and Heavy Support? I know that they no longer count as beasts when they have leaping (making them much slower). Could one still make an army almost entirely centered around them?
    HQ Or Elite is walking, Fast Attack if flying
    The new Broodlord, I've heard he's got some decent abilities, but does he have no actual model? Or does it show you how to convert one in the codex?
    The brrodlord model is avaliable, has been in the last 3 or so White Dwarves, there have been pics in almost every Tyranid rumer thread, and if you visit one of the GW online stores you can see the model for yourself.
    Can you still make overly cheap gaunts?
    Yes
    What all has actually changed (list wise), any change in stats or point costs, or abilities? What about biomorphs, I hear you can have tooooooons of them now, is it true? Anything else?
    Yes, lots has changed. Stats have changed, points have changed, biomorphs have changed.

Any further specific info you need, you will need to get the codex

+ Reply to Thread