Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I am curious as to if anyone has had a chance to play DE vs. the new Tyranids yet? Seems that the Tyranids have access to more weapons that can hurt DE, but are generally the same.
Also, can anyone confirm if the Broodlord Initiative is higher than 7? He was rumored to have the highest (I) in the game, but I think Lelith Hesperax still holds that title. :lol:
Not a DE player sorry but can confirm that the Broodlord can go above I7 if he takes Adrenal Glands.
I7!!!!! not ever gods have I7!
I've fought 2 games using my Wych Cult against Nids with the new CODEX. The first a draw the second a crushing victory. The draw was my fault. I placed two warrior squads on the table edge and they ran off after getting hit by mines. Not bringing my reserves in to concentrate power, lloking back I can't count the number of stupid moves I made. Should have lost it. The second I immediately went after him. Shooting the big ones, HtH with everyone else, he didn't stand a chance. He conceeded on turn 5.
Played one game, lost, shouldn't have my tactics where better, but you can't control the dice.
1) we were playing the spawning pool mission from the latest white dwarf
2) I failed my shadow field roll (on turn 2 with the character already assaulting the pool) on the first roll, then got shot to death
3) I made no Ld checks all game
4) I assaulted 15 termagants with 30 warriors, lost, broke, was run down
5) It took 5 turns for my HQ to kill 6 warriors.
However If it had been victory points I would have won and in the end I did have something in contact with the spawning pool during the last turn, but it died due to all my other squads (ALL of them) having either run off the board or rolled 1's for their fleet rolls when they needed 2's. Irritating. Can you tell I'm bitter?
Was a fun game though and I learned a few things that are important.
1) Read the sustained assault rules VERY carefully
2) Gun boats are fantastic against warriors, especailly fighty warriors, use them to splinter cannon, rapid fire and blaster your way through the beastises, stay on the boat.
3) Carnifexes even at T7 with W5 still die to massed dark lance fire, even if you do roll 4 1's from your eiaght lances on your first turn, then 3 2's to wound grrrrrrr. 1 wound from 8 lances! *ranting off*
4) Gautns are still crap
5) Spinefists are now twinlinked and so even scarier, don't try to outshoot spinegaunts you'll do better in close.
6) Fleshborers reroll to wound makes little difference as they usually wound anyway against us.
7) Raider still get blown up easily
The barbed strangler can actually hit stuff now making it a tiny bit scary!