Tyranid bio 102 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyranid bio 102

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid bio 102

yes, i said bio 102 because 101 is prolly whatever is in the codex. (p.s. if mods feel like moving this to the fluff forum, i'll understand)

Now, my question to all the bio people out there, since the majority of tyranids have no dextrous appendages, how would they get up after falling, due to a trap or lack of balance or whatever reason? i mean, looking at a hormagaunt's stubby little middle legs or a carni's two massive ones, it seems kind of like IG soldiers could go cow tipping with carni's, unless they run into old one eye (who has claws to push himself back up). However, others have no real pushing limbs like that to speak of. Genestealers have the right idea... need hands to do things. Imagine... hive fleet leviathan defeated by.... tripwire. XD

Furthermore, this begs the question why would the hive mind make something asymmetrical? The easiest and most useful design for anything would be a symmetrical design. look at most life on the planet. They all have some sort of axis of symmetry.

okay so now that I've sufficeiently rambled on this topic, what are other people's thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well what happens when you flip a real bug on its back. most of them die unless they have wings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaet
    well what happens when you flip a real bug on its back. most of them die unless they have wings.
    MMMmmm u know some funny bugs i thing you may be mixed up with Tortoise
    If it lives it will be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, he is right. A ****roach will die if u put it on its bac.

And hormagaunts could just dig their claws into the ground and pull themselves bac onto their legs.

Also, if an elephant can get bac up, i'm sure a fex could.
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by w00kie
    I think that would be hilarious. Drill instructors all across the Imperium employing the "new tactics" for taking out a fex. Step 1: Set up a trip wire. Step 2: Shoot it while it's struggling to get up. Step 3: Keep tripping it till it dies. Kind of like those old sci-fi flicks with the giant crabs/insects. *Just keep poking it with sticks while it's down!* :lol:
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by w00kie
    No, he is right. A ****roach will die if u put it on its bac.

And hormagaunts could just dig their claws into the ground and pull themselves bac onto their legs.

a roach is only 1 type of bug and don't they have wings i'm sure some do. lets face it there's millions more bugs in the world than humans do you real think that they would have lasted this long if when they get flipped/land on their backs they die
    If it lives it will be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Well from the looks of it the tyranids could fan out there caraprace and flip themselves over by using that and their claws.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least raveners wouldn't have any problems - they can just dig under ground. :cool:

As for hormagaunts they probably wriggle around until they are flat on their stomach (just like my dwarf hamster ^_^ ) and push themselves up.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Just form the look of the way the Tyranids are designed, none of them would have a problem getting back up if the fell down. Their arms have elbows and wrists, so the can push up or hug around terrain to pull themselves back up. Now the Screamer Killer (2nd ed Carnifex) would be screwed if he fell over.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

But it would take a point blank tank shot to knock the carni over so I'm pretty sure he'd be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast