Thoughts On Ethereals? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont have an ethereal yet, but how often do you field yours?
    I was talking to a guy at the local GW store, and he says that he NEVER takes a Shas'o. The ethereal has always proved to be more useful, he claims. But who here also fields the Ethereal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't, although I have one. I only field it when I REALLY need it. I mostly use one Shas'o and one Shas'el Battlesuit commander. I love battlesuits! The ethereal has never really helped me out when I needed it too.....so yea......thats my opinion....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ethereal has helped me out a bunch of times. When my battlesuits, or firewarriors get into the messy close combat (unfortunately for them) I can rely on my ethereal to pull them out! This is very useful because I would rather be in rapid fire range than point blank and close encounters. My Crisis suits have been pulled out from some sticky situations especially from being pinned from a basilisk...darn instant kill. Anyway I really like Aun'shi...he is pretty cool, I have killed many necrons with him and one squad of firewarriors, atlhough I do believe that they should be kept out of sight or hidden alongside troops because I think they are best keeping the firewarriors/suits/etc. in order. They are not that expensive and they usually help the troops stay at max. efficiency...it's almost like having fearless troops that are smart enough to cautiously, not fearfully fall back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with darkjonin59, though the rule in the codex makes it really confusing about re-rolling stuff they are very useful in keeping fw's from running, i play this tyrannid guy and he always seems to get 1 or 2 hommagaunts in cc w/my fw's. Rather than have them run off the board they do quite well (yes i have won a close combat with my fire warriors) specially when they r on the board edge to keep away from wigged mof's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case, I might use him after all.....Now all I need is a damn name.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I have a Ethereal but almost never use him. I'm too caught up in the super unit that the Shas'o + Bodyguard makes. Besides, the drawback of the Ethereal is something I don't want to worry about.

Try him in your games, see for yourself how it affects your gameplay and results.

Enjoy,
    Jon
    [COLOR=DarkRedI got my tournament t-shirts at mathhammer.net[/COLOR]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ethereals are great fun in painting and if your lucky in batle they will work very well to let you pass some nasty tests. only make sure he doesn't get killed. hes got a low points

--for the greater good--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious, does everybody go with the honour blade or is he better off 10 pts cheaper and with an extra attack? I think his normal baton thingies look pretty lame, so I'm trying to decide now how I want to model him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you seriously want to use the Honour blade...... just buy an Aun'shi Model and convert it to have a bigger cape, by whatever means possible. Personally I most likely will never upgrade to an Honour blade, thats 10 points that can used on Battlesuit Hard wires instead. That's what I think anyway......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup i agrea with Vamp. those blades look really good but are not worth it

--for the greater good--

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast