Welcome to Librarium Online!
How bout all that stuff in the ork armory that I don't hear about.
1. Does anyone use bosspoles?
2. How about the WAAAGH!!! banner?
3. Perhaps the banna wava?
4. How many of you like big horns/iron gob vs. without?
5. Attack squigs are our only way to field the beauty that is squig, but who actually does?
(Okay the squighound, but thats just not the same.)
My own answers:
1. Seems like a good idea for a small supporting shoota squad, though I haven't tried it. However since my orks tend to advance side by side I never really have a second rank. But orks don't get to flee very often due to low int anyways.
2. Never tried it, seems like it would only be useful for the bosses retinue.
3. Why would this make any sense? It's an extra [grot] attack sure, but it doesn't count towards orky things and you loose it if the Nob dies anyways. Why why why!!!
4. I always take em for my Nobs, but not for my boss. Mostly thats because of the models I have, although if below 50% its a helluva lot better to have Ld 7 than Ld 6.
5. Gorgeous creatures. They get painted next and I'll use them if at all possible. On a side note I did have a squighound eat a necron destroyer. The squig goes *CHOMP CHOMP*.
I have not used attack squigs yet (as all of my squiqs are suqighounds), I have taken a waaagh banner only in large point games where it is practical (somewhat) to take a nob retinue with my warboss. As for Iron gob/ Big horns, neveer leave home without them!
I personally never use a WAAAGH!!! banner, myself, but that's mostly because I'm a cheap barshtard when it comes to fielding my boss. The super cyboar is expensive enough, thank you. I could see it being useful if you have plenty of small mobs running together, but... nawh. Never used the banna wava either.
I use bosspoles and BH/IG, but never together. If my boys are going to be at the front of the fighting, they get an iron gob. If they're going to be hanging back and shooting, they get a bosspole. There honestly is no reason to mix and match.
As for the squigs, at the moment, yes, you can only get them out there using them as slave units. However, you can go feral, and have your fast attack choices be groups of squiggies. Have your pigdok dope them up, and then suddenly they're actually pretty scary.
"Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
- Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.
"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
- Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant
Never leave without Big Horns.
My Warboss comes as standard, i.e I never change his wargear, so hes become a character. He has a Bana Wava with Waaagh banner, which rocks. never underestimate that extra attack in cc (or 2 if you charge) and the grot blasta too. Its only 4 points! And will never die, just "runs away". Thr waagh banner is very iuseful for boosting your smaller or somewhat depleted squads for a charge. Also doubling their int is very useful to run down an enemy with.
Moderator over at http://forums.relicnews.com