a fluff question about tau... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a fluff question about tau...

i love the tau and their models and all that, but i do not like the idea of the greater good. so i was wondering if someone such as myself creating a tau army could claim that their army is a rebel faction of the tau that do not believe in the greater good. thanks to those who reply...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

You can write whatever fluff you want for your army. For instance, my Imperial Guard don't fight for the emperor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a group of Pirate Tau. Ex-cons sprung from jail and now attack both human and tau ships on the edge of tau space. Disenchanted by the Tau ethos and now bitter for a srcap of revenge and profit.
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

How about using a tau army that is led by a special character that in fluff leads a rebel fraction of psuedo-mercenaries. How about an O'shava army! If you don't have the model you could always base it around O'shava and get him later. You could also use the human auxilaries.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O'Shovah's army is very limited, and he may not like that. And according to Fire Warrior the Tau don't have jails or criminals, just socially inept people who are helped and reintroduced into society.(though the book does falsely claim that Tau blood is cyan.)

I would say your best bet, if you don't like O'Shovah, is to say your cadre is something similar to O'Shovah - cut off in battle, without ethereals. Ethereals have thus far proven incorruptible, so it's unlikely that they'd be a party to such a things. I guess you could say it was a crazy ethereal, though that's never happened... YET. A cadre cut off and left in near-permanent battle might indeed break and stop caring about the greater good, but probably not if they had an ethereal with them.

La'Kais in Fire Warrior doesn't exactly fight for the greater good, and there is some indication that his thinking may be present among some in the Fire Caste.
    Last edited by DireStrike; June 15th, 2005 at 17:58.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they're led by a Fire caste warrior corrupted by Chaos? A polymorphic psycher assassinated a leader and now takes his form? Maybe your Tau are soo distant from the main part of the Empire that they have no Ethereals, and they're idea of the "Greater Good" is to smash all before the Tau. Whatever you want.

Just don't contrast it to the main fluff to greatly. It would tick people off and be too weird.

Hope that helps.
    "I'd rather fight 100 Hammerheads than 20 Battlesuits" -Vinnie, an Ultramarine.

*Remember to use the Reputation ability! Click the yellow star beneath a name on the left side!*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

A Tau with psychic powers is not possible, since their presence hardly registers in the warp at all. Therefore a chaos guy faking a Tau psyker would easily be discovered, and probably killed on sight... Or studied as a science project.
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue-Angel
    A Tau with psychic powers is not possible, since their presence hardly registers in the warp at all. Therefore a chaos guy faking a Tau psyker would easily be discovered, and probably killed on sight... Or studied as a science project.
    I think what Shas'O Briguy was trying to say was that the Psyker took the place of the Fire Warrior and leads them around blowing the crap out of everything, but mainly directed against the Imperium. The Psyker doesn't have to use his power at all.
    Peace through Superior Firepower! =^.^=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personnaly my tiny tau force is a tiny rebellion. After an Ethereal decided it was for the greater good to sacrifice the cadre as a failed ploy the cadre decided that perhaps the Ethereal's are not for the greater good after all. So now without access to crisis suits because of the lack of repair equipment (frankly because i just dont like the look of them) they fight on a small fringe world trying to push the orks off of their small area where they hope to start a new tau society without being detected by the tau or imperial empires.

In my oppinion you can do whatever you want with the fluff of your force because it is after all just fluff and its not like the game actually sticks to its own fluff. In short, do whatever you want with your fluff as long as you follow the rules of the game.

P.S. Before anyone decides to point out some flaw in the fluff it is both heavily condensed and not based on any of the side information offered in gw novels or anything like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Wow, tau not fighting for the greater good. Well lets se it is herecy to the tau empire punishable by death I imagine. There is an army that has that very same fluff and it was already stated above. Other than that the dex says that such cases are very rare that a tau decides that he is greater than the greater good. This is what the ENTIRE tau way of life is about. Preventing the vast bloodshed that happened to them befor the arival of the eathernals. This idea is the same as horus's and the imperium. Personally i dont like the idea but hey it is your army your money, so go for it.

Just dont expect to be a mobilized mech tau army that is disconnected from the greater good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast