should i collect nids? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should i collect nids?

Now that's a question you don't know me my fighting styles or the way i think but do i collect nids? :confused:

At a boot sale today i made £135 and wondering what to sell it on. I looked at the Gw online store and they are doing a tyranid starter set for £65 it includes glue a battleforce and the new codex.

The thing is i collected old tyranids and i liked them but i am not sure whether i should collect the new one, i dont want to spend £65 to find out that I dislike them. My question is was it a major overhaul? Did they change it loads?

I am generally a dark eldar player and i heard they were similar and i was interested in making a new start.

Anyway y'all Ciao :wub:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this is a tough question. Chosing an army depends on playing stlye :p

The new nids are much more diverse than the old nids so yer gona have to fill me in on how you like to play. If it can be cross referanced to one of the new nid's playing stlyes than you should collect them.

However no matter w/playing stlye I'd buy the new carnifex. Its just so god damm good looking :lol:
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

read a copy of the codex, then proxy an army in a few games. playtest, playtest, playtest

once that is done you will have answered your own quesion. :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you want a swarm of hundreds of tiny critters outnumbering the opponent 3 to 1? do you want an army of a few huge monstosities crushing the enemys and tearing apart tanks without even breaking a sweat? or would you rather have a few elite critters backed up by large warriors, each organism capable of tearing apart several space marines in a matter of secinds? or how about a swarm of lightweights bringing death from above with the dominant beast ripping apart just as many enemies as 10 of his minions? maybe you'd like to see the enemies writhing in pain as thousands of flesh eating beetles are launched in to them, with tentacled sacs of poison, acid or gunpowder blowing up every 10 seconds? if you like the sound of any of these, then tyranids is the army for you, as each type of army is possible in the new codex, although some may work better than others...
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomato-99
    do you want a swarm of hundreds of tiny critters outnumbering the opponent 3 to 1? do you want an army of a few huge monstosities crushing the enemys and tearing apart tanks without even breaking a sweat? or would you rather have a few elite critters backed up by large warriors, each organism capable of tearing apart several space marines in a matter of secinds? or how about a swarm of lightweights bringing death from above with the dominant beast ripping apart just as many enemies as 10 of his minions? maybe you'd like to see the enemies writhing in pain as thousands of flesh eating beetles are launched in to them, with tentacled sacs of poison, acid or gunpowder blowing up every 10 seconds? if you like the sound of any of these, then tyranids is the army for you, as each type of army is possible in the new codex, although some may work better than others...
    Lol nicely put there Tomato-99.It depends on your playing style.If you want a hell of a lot of cheap creatures with bad armor saves but have so many numbers to make up for it thn nids are for you.Cant really say much more as Tomato-99 said it all lol.But i can say this its hard for us to tel you wich army army to collect thats something for you as an individual to make up your mind about.Of course if you put this in a Tyranid forum then alot are gona tell you to collect them but you have to make up your own mind about them.Read the codex check out the models.If you like the rules and love the models then go for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Mr. Tomato, wow, very succinctly said... er... typed. What else is there to say.
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomato-99
    pretty Images
    Out side of a dog, book is mans best friend, inside of a dog, it's rather hard to read. - Groucho Marx

They'll kill him with self confidence, after poisoning him with words. - Desolation row - Bob dylan

Oh, Fishy Fish. - Monty Python And The Meaning of Life

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, i'm glad you like my speech guys, we need to lure in more bio-mass for the hive mind... i mean the tyranids need some new players... yes...

but seriousely, i want Cortanna to have an army he/she(?) is happy with, something cortanna won't get tired of and lose money on... the GW hobby is expensive enough as it is, and we don't want this guy to go and waste £65 just to find out that he doesn't like the hive...
    if you are reading this signature, then you are wasting you're time, and i am wasting my time by writing it, so run along now, jimmy, run along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you have ever played halo 1/2 you will no that i am a girl.
    Hope you know now :lol:

Anyhoo i just ordered a battleforce and a copy of the codex.
    Should be a change from chaos/normal marines, Dark Eldar, imperiaql guard and tau!

Thanks for your help

Ciao! :wub:
    I really can't think of anything witty to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cortana
    if you have ever played halo 1/2 you will no that i am a girl.
    Ciao! :wub:
    Good to see a girl in the hobby!Good on ya!lol.Suprised though that nids appeal to you as your a chick lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast