Need help against witch hunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help against witch hunters

I have a friend with witch hunters. Whenever I play him he seems to beet me. I need advice for my ulthwe strike force on how to crush with them thank you for any replys I get.

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Im helping him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

What does he take that beats you? How many points do you play?

Anyway take wraithlords they're good regardless of what the enemy has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No wraithlords are allowed in a USF army.

Other than that, I am new to USF and have ony played against Chaos and Nids. Chaos really gave me a hard time too. How is your army set up? How is the Witchhunter army set up? Points?
    Death is instant, Pain will end, Glory is forever...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i play 1000pt or 1500pt games its the jumppack squads that hury mr and all the flamers he has cos then conceal wont work his inquitsator lord and guard(whatever they ra e called) can be qutie deadly but if i gat my avatar in combat with some thing and a storm squad locked with them i can usally deal with them. in my army i have about 50 or so gaurdians about thrre vypres a 7 man seer council the avatar.
    Last edited by Wraithlord; June 19th, 2005 at 12:11. Reason: fixing up typos
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Im helping him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Remember that you can use Mind War to pluck away annoying flamers etc.

Also, most WH weapons are short ranged, and most Eldar can move and fire their weapons so take advantage of this.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Also, those jump pack women (Seraphim) that you describe are very expensive, but every WH player seems to love them. If you take out this squad quickly, he will not have paid off its points, even if he kills most of a 20 man guardian squad (if it's a 10 women seraphim squad)

Inquisitors and retinues are insanely vulnerable to light weapons and lots of CC attacks. If you can nail them with 20 Shuricats, it should take out most of the squad. This will make the squad largely ineffective, because the squad relies on the survival of its members. Also inquisitorial henchmen are overpriced, given their defensive statistics. Avatar should have fun with this squad given that the only thing that can really hurt him (I mean without extreme luck) is the inquisitor itself. Target him first, because if he has a force weapon, he can essentially insta-kill the Avatar. But hey, the Avatar's cheaper and can do the same to him...

Vypers in general are amazingly good against WH, because they can just dance outside the range of the WH and not risk return fire except from exorcists. Be sure to kill those quickly (they're the tanks with the organs on their backs).
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If flamers are a problem as was mentioned, mind war with augment and pick the model out specifically, the inquisitor has a psychic hood though probably so you should assassinate him with fast moving units first.
    A good trick for luring out faith points is to fire on a unit with starcannon, he will assume you want it dead and give it invulverable saves, then switch squads, he will either then waste more faith protecting the new squad, in which case repeat, or let you butcher it.
    Howling Banshee will be your best friend against sisters, but be sure to lure out faith points first, theres nothing kills a banshee charge faster than losing their power weapons.
    A good combo is to mind war the sister superior then charge, the squad is no longer faithful and thus, meat.
    Other than that, pound then at range, you can out maneuver and out range them, just make sure the starcannon make em pay for every step and that nothing stops a penitant like a witchblade in the face.
    Ask not a question of the eldar, for they will give you three answers all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of the above, and reapers. Take a squad with a tooled up exarch. You can outrange most of his army, and ignore their saves. The exarch (with missile launcher of course) can either butcher their light squads or take down big stuff like penitants.

Nice tactic about the faith points!
    Don't worry too much about life-it isn't permanent.

They say that a space marine is superhuman, a hundred times more powerful than a normal man. Mon-keigh, one hundred times zero is still zero.

Do you hear the screaming? Its Edward Scissorhands wanking...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunklezahn
    A good trick for luring out faith points is to fire on a unit with starcannon, he will assume you want it dead and give it invulverable saves, then switch squads, he will either then waste more faith protecting the new squad, in which case repeat, or let you butcher it.
    I don't think this works. I believe the rulebook states that the faith points have to be used at the beginning of the phase. (shooting). Am I wrong?
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

+ Reply to Thread