Ulthwe anti tank? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ulthwe anti tank?

hi i play ulthwe strike force and i was wondering how do we deal with all the tanks.in my list i have 3 bright lances in ten man guardian squads and a squd of 2 vypers with bright lances. i thnk im askinfg this qusetin becasue i seem to get unlucky roles and kepp adding more anti rank. but the quetion is how do you fit in enough anti tank inyo your army ang still kepp yu army buig enogh so it dosent get blown away? thank you for any relpys i get.=)

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Im helping him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

You will need an average of 4 Bright lance shots to Glance a vehicle (of any armour) 5 should be a fine number.

D.Cannon are excellant anti-tank especialy transports closing on you lines.

I like a farseer on Jetbike with Singing spear to go for side armour (plus a 3+inv with re-roll is nice).

Grenades are not to be underestimated, especialy on infiltrating units like scorpios or on a small unit of storm Guardians.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also play USF and I found that I if I need to take down vehicles I need to get my wraith gate open as close as I can to their front lines. I walk a gaurdian squad of 16, a warlock and a brightlance up as far as they can go. When I open up the gate its nice to have a squad of FireDragons pop out and blast tanks away. I also like the Spear HQ because that avatar loves to punch holes in tanks also.

This is an obvious one but warwalkers are a nice tank buster. Its great to have them in reserve and the enemy cant shoot at them. Then they pop out and fire 6 brightlances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a seer council would be pretty good if you can get the witchblades and singing spears close enough. the fortune should help.

other than that just plenty of brightlances. starcannons also do pretty well against the side armour of stuff, so if you can maneuvre a vyper, warwalker or platform to hit the weaker face of any vehicle you're fine.
    try vypers against rear armour too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Black Guardian Defender squads with bright lances are probably your best shot (pun intended), and the Vypers you mentioned are great too. But if you come up close and personal, nothing does the job like a good old witchblade or singing spear. Also striking scorpions running out of the webway or infiltrating are nice, if you give 'em grenades.
    Personally, with my Ulthwé i use 2 Eldar missile launchers and 1 BL in my guardian squads and have 2 Vypers with BL. But then, i play normal Ulthwé so i can have the big stuff with anti-tank too.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scorpions with haywire grenades lead by an exarch with a scorpions claw and crushing blow. You will usually kill your target, but if you don't it will be in state to fight back, so you can use it as cover. A good startagy can be to have scorpions emerge from the gate, paralize a vehicle, and hide behind it. In your next turn, the scorpions move off to the next target (another vehicle or infantry) and then more powerful units like the spear of Khain can close in and finish it off.
    Don't worry too much about life-it isn't permanent.

They say that a space marine is superhuman, a hundred times more powerful than a normal man. Mon-keigh, one hundred times zero is still zero.

Do you hear the screaming? Its Edward Scissorhands wanking...

+ Reply to Thread