Flayed ones use - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flayed ones use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flayed ones use

Is there any point for Flayed ones against space marine/tough armies? On a seperate note, how do you get units like pariahs/nightbringer into close combat if they can only move 6 inches per turn, and the oposing army is sitting back picking stuff off with lots of las cannons?

"Not all treasure is silver and gold."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth112
    Is there any point for Flayed ones against space marine/tough armies? On a seperate note, how do you get units like pariahs/nightbringer into close combat if they can only move 6 inches per turn, and the oposing army is sitting back picking stuff off with lots of las cannons?
    Well let me take Flayed Ones sepratley. Flayed Ones move 6" but get abilities to counter this. They can infiltarte(my suggestion) or deepstrike to get to a place on the board. They can also use the monolith teleport which means they can be pulled from 18" away, move 6" and assault another 6". This means that Flayed Ones arn't quite a slow as some people think they are. Against marines they arn't great, but not bad either. As long as they arn't fearless the Flayed Ones terrifying Visage ability can be great. Although Flayed Ones work best against 4+ save armies, they will work weel enough against marines if they have the charge and the marnies don't have loads of powerweapons.

Pariahs, ya they suck. They have to walk across the board as they can't use either the Veil of Darkness or the Monolith teleport. They are expensive and you will most likley never get them into combat.

The Nightbringer is almost less worrysome about movement. Yes it can only move 6" but keep it behind some building and it will get there eventnualy. Plus shots at the nighbringer mean shots that arn't killing your units that count against phase out. Only problem it is the single most expensive unit in the game. It therefore shouldn't be taken until 2500 games or above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the flawed ones would probably be best used by exiting from the monolith

the night bringer would be good for small battles(distance, not points)
    The people who survive are the winners
    The people who enjoy survival are the champions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-pariahs i never use

-flayed ones and ctan are only usefull i have found as a counter charge unit against CC armies, especially orcs and tynanids. you don't need to close the gap, because they will do that for you, and they lack the shooting to bring them down before CC. also the nightbringer will rip through warbosses, dreadnaughts, carnifexes, and tyrants like there's no tomorow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just starting Necrons as my 3rd 40k army.

In regards to Pariahs, they don't seem that bad on paper.

Really, any other army would kill to have a troop choice that is fearless, has a 3+ save, wields power weapons, has a tougnness of 5, and has a ranged assault 2 weapon that can still glance vehicles on a roll of a 6.

Not to mention they lower LD of enemy units.

Do these guys really do that bad on the battleifield or are people just not using them correctly?

I understand they are expensive, but what about taking a small unit as a retinue for a Necron Lord that has a Nightmare Shroud?

Lowering all units LD within 12 inches and then activating the shroud could produce devasting results to the enemy as they literally turn and flee. Of course you need to get within range. Since the Lord and the Pariahs are both carrying assault ranged weapons it's not like they are doing nothing while marching toward the enemy as they shoot on the way.

Also, if the enemy wantes to focus fire on the Pariahs, then that's less attention on your other units for phase out.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I find Flayed Ones can be useful against tough armies(such as Marines), as they are great for tying up small units or even whole tactical squads (as I've found), for several turns. This does not work when tactical squads have vet. sergeants armed with power weapons.

I dont use pariahs - waste of points, best spent on more Immortals

As for getting Nightbringer into combat, I just move him forward and hope fot the best, and in most cases it works, and then proceeds to rip the opposition into little pieces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pariahs aren't that bad as everyone says, I used them against a Deathwing terminator player and terminated him (pun intended).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

phiras(still cant spell) are really bad models for long distance games and they cost way to much if they lowered the cost to like 30 or so and somehow allowed them to go farther, they'll be pretty destructive

also another way to help your flayed one, ctan, phira, ect. get across the field is to put a unit or two of scarabs to either block the shot's at the flayed one, ctan, phira, ect., or rush ahead and assault units to keep them from shooting,

i personally have not used this strategy but it doesnt sound too bad.
    The people who survive are the winners
    The people who enjoy survival are the champions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GothicDragon
    phiras(still cant spell) are really bad models for long distance games and they cost way to much if they lowered the cost to like 30 or so and somehow allowed them to go farther, they'll be pretty destructive

also another way to help your flayed one, ctan, phira, ect. get across the field is to put a unit or two of scarabs to either block the shot's at the flayed one, ctan, phira, ect., or rush ahead and assault units to keep them from shooting,

I personally have not used this strategy but it doesnt sound too bad.

I don't believe your strategy of blocking with scarabs works in 4th edition my friend. There is no more screenings. You can shoot through a unit to target another unit behind it as long as the unit passes a LD test, which is not hard in 40k due to the average high LD of 8+. Only Monstrous creatures and vehicles block LOS. If you use one unit to block another..well..it's not legal.

And it's not spelled Phiras, it's Pariahs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try searching for Flayed ones Threads because there was a Thread similar to this that was pretty good.Hope you can find it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast