So What Is Your Fave Bug? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mine is genestealers cos of their badass claws and with rendering claws in swarms they can take down just about everything

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

I like rippers...they look cute and it's a nasty surprise for many opponents to find out that they're leaping and 50% of them have rending claws

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Love a Bug of my own creation called the Dragon Tyrant. It boasts Four wings, a S of 9, rending claws and Scything talons, along with extended Carapace. This beastie kicks ass! I ripped the ***** out of my friend's Lemun Russ in like the second turn! BYE BYE!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Rending claws are inefficient on a S9 model, a second set of scythes is clearly more effective.

How can a hive tyrant be S9? Did you use the tyranid monstrosity rules? I hope those four wings are only modelled, without any additional effect compared to *only* two wings.

Monstrosities are heavy support by the way, never HQ.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ArchonAstaroth
    are you a tyranid plaer, cud i need someone to specificly tell me what IB affects.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Please be more precise, what exactly do you want to know. I can't give you a complete summary of the rules, as these are copyrighted by GW and it could get LO into trouble if i post them here.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bad, that's S 7. Silly me......As for the four wings, it just looks cooler, no extra benefit other than flight....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rending claws do indeed have a place with the Tyrant...that being better armor penetration and auto 6-rolled wounds on the big boys in the game, specifically other monstrous creatures.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that being better armor penetration and auto 6-rolled wounds on the big boys in the game, specifically other monstrous creatures

You are half wrong. The only benifit of Rending Claws on a monsterous creature is the auto wound on a 6. Remember - Monsterous creatures ALWAYS ignore armor saves in close combat, and ALWAYS get 2d6 to piecrce vehicle armor.

So think about it - to get the benifit of rending claws you need to roll a 6 right? Vs a vehicle, if you roll 1 and 6 (thats 7) and have strength of 6 (non mutant tyrant) you are already adding 13 to your strength. Thats the WORST roll you can get. a 13 is good enough for just about any vehicle. Now you want to roll another d6?

Now tyrant is already doing s6 attacks on people wiht no armor save. So, unless you routinely fight things with a toughness of greater than 6, the rending claws wont help you very much.

Think abotu what you give up - instead of the claws you could take a venom cannon and shoot 3 times a turn at a range of 36" for Str8 with ap 4.

And to answer the thread, Lictors. Easily my fav.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure what i need to know, just make page references if i get something totaly wrong, this codex is so confusing.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast