Modelling Larger Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you model it? Where does it go on the model? Do you use the one from the pieces with the rending claws etc? Or somewhere else?

Very confused - I just finished up my first warrior and I have no idea where to mount these things.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can put the extended carapace almost anywhere, but the best places are on the shoulders or back. Bio-morphs can go anywhere, put them where you would like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes this is correct, although only use the small onews on small creatures and big ones on larder creatures and on warriiors it doesnt really matter,
    if u got the codex there are handy pics in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x1)

Below is a picture of a Carnifex I am working on (currently retooling my fleet, since I had all old Tyranid models - like the metal warriors and the older Hive Tyrant). Also, one of the Winged Warriors and two finished leaping gaunts. Their Hive Fleet (Hive Fleet Kohr-ah) names are above each.

Shoggoth (Carnifex)

Sivak (Winged Warrior)

Finished Nightgaunts (Leaping Gaunts)

Also working on my new Winged Tyrant models. I am using a Red Terror, then adding scything talons (for the top arm mount points), dragon wings (for the middle arm mount points), and Tyrant Guard Lash Whip and Lictor Claw (for the bottom two arm mount points). The head is being made from the Red Terror's head (upper only) with a Ravener's head mounted inside and milliput filling in. Their nicknames are Worsel and Vermithrax.
    Tyranids: Hive Fleet Kohr-Ah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That carnafex is really sweet!!

Do ya mind if i copie your carnifex?

i just got a carnifex, and there were no metal arms, are they ravener arms or with the carnifex?

once again sweet pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the paint job!! Finished gaunts look sweet!! Is that what they're called when you have toxin sacs, Adrenal gland, and leaping? I've always called mine Toxigaunts.....the name just looks cool....So, I'm guessing your armies theme is fast and deadly snake things with wings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can name them anything you like, thats just a name out of the codex.

they look good though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x1)

Originally posted by Haemogod@Oct 26 2003, 13:17

That carnafex is really sweet!!

Do ya mind if i copy your carnifex?

i just got a carnifex, and there were no metal arms, are they ravener arms or with the carnifex?

Thank you and feel free. I think that you can never patent an idea, so I would be honored if someone used the same stuff. The adrenal sac in the middle of the plates was blind luck. Because of the model's shape, that one armor plate ended up wanting to be flared out. I fussed and fumed and finally saw that the problem was actually a very good thing.

The metal scything talons are the spares from my Red Terror/Tyrant conversion (since I only need 1 pair for each and it comes with 2). You can also order them as Bitz for $6 per pair. They come with the Raveners, Red Terror, and Lictors.

I love the paint job!! Finished gaunts look sweet!! Is that what they're called when you have toxin sacs, Adrenal gland, and leaping? I've always called mine Toxigaunts.....the name just looks cool....So, I'm guessing your armies theme is fast and deadly snake things with wings?

Thank you also. The paint job came about since the two main colors (goblin green and black) cover really well. It cuts down on painting time a lot, especially with 32 Nightgaunts and 48 Spinegaunts. I just nicknamed all my species as little in-references to different things. "Nightgaunt" and "Shoggoth" are homage to H.P. Lovecraft's works. "Sivak" is to the good old AD&D Dragonlance series, while a number of the other names ("Worsel" and "Quickdeath") get more obscure.

My army's focus is definitely fast and deadly. My entire goal is to get into H2H combat ASAP, because otherwise I am just spending my time being shot to pieces. Flying 12" means that my Tyrant and Warriors spend a lot less time on their way to the enemy and more time hacking the squad or vehicle to bits. The serpentine bodies look less bulky, so that fits with flying creatures needing to be lighter than their earthbound cousins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where're you from?

I wish i had your modeling talent.
    I dont see how i can mak winged warriors, but now iv seen yours, i could give raveners wings and call them warriors, great idea.
    btw those scything talons on ur canifex are like the ons in the pic on gw site even though u get plastic ones with it.
    which dragon wings are those on the ravener warrior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x1)

where're you from?

I wish i had your modeling talent.
    I dont see how i can mak winged warriors, but now iv seen yours, i could give raveners wings and call them warriors, great idea.
    btw those scything talons on ur canifex are like the ons in the pic on gw site even though u get plastic ones with it.
    which dragon wings are those on the ravener warrior.

I am a Marine, so all over. Currently I am based in Amityville, NY.

The wings are from the High Elf Hero on Dragon figure from Warmaster. The nice thing is that they already have a bowl on the one side, so you can easily glue in the rending claws (or other set of arms). I still pin them by drilling straight through the bowl in the wing and into the Ravener body. The pin (just a short piece of clipped paperclip) goes into the arm, through the wing, and into the body. Really strong, all things considered.

Yeah, it looks like GW used the metal talons too. I don't like the plastic ones much, though I have a mess of them now. I was thinking of doing a Tyrant conversion with them to look like the one creature in the arena in "Attack of the Clones." They'll probably just remain in my bits box.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast