Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pariahs Vs Immortals

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Brother Huss 
#1 ·
just wondering what your army chooses and why.

#6 ·
Pariahs are to expensive to not have the WBB roll. The enemy always targets them from turn one..unless your playing city fight or jungle, nearly impossible to get a decent size of them into cc. Immortals on the other hand are great for teleportin with your Lord ( VoD ) and unleashing hell. I prefear Immortals..

#9 ·
It really depends on what I'm fighting,I mean if I'm up against a firepower heavy force with few dedicated assault units then pariahs are overkill in close combat and expensive enough to get blasted by every enemy model that can draw a bead so immortals are a more cost effective choice.However if it's mostly up close and choppy army I'm taking on then pariahs can do the job of immortals while facing minimal if any return fire and then get to slice up the few survivors of my Necrons shooting.Its just a case of horses for courses.

#10 ·
Immortals of course.... haha...

Reasons Immortals over Pariahs.

1. Cheaper
Necrons need to be point effective to win.

2. Pariahs are Non Necron
No WBB roll. No Teleporting anywhere. Doesn't change Phase Out, Good or
Bad depending on application.

3. Pariahs have Low Initiative.
For a Close Combat oriented unit that is pretty low.

4. Pariahs affects Leadership and Special Rules.
Becasue of these, they are prime targets for opponents.
Because they are moving 6" a turn they will very easily be picked apart by
enemy fire.

#11 ·
IMMORTALS.

They are sooo good. my friend hates me for them =D

also, I don't really like pariahs, all there good for is a point sink (unless you ACTUALLY get into close combat) and drawing enemy fire..sure, they also have guass blasters, same as a immortals, but i would (and do) use immortals

#12 ·
Immortals. Won many a battle for my bro.

#17 ·
if you want a cc army have pariahs and flayed ones and wraiths. if you want to be strong at shooting use immortals. <drooling> i...mmortal...s so .... gooooood

#18 ·
If only Paraiahs were necrons. Then they would kick butt. But, alas, like so many units GW designs they won't see much use because they don't have a drawback...they have a fatal flaw...no VOD use and no WBB.

Immortals rule!!! Though pariahs have the same firepower, the immortals can VOD and WBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.