Craftworlds? Newbie Help. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craftworlds? Newbie Help.

Hi. I've been playing WHFB for a while and am about to make the jump to 40k. I've decided on an Eldar army, but need a bit of help deciding on a craftworld. could someone please describe the differences between them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

All right, the craftworlds out there with special army lists are:

1. Biel-Tan, they rely heavily on their aspect warriors and take them as troop choices. That is, they are a medium-small sized elite force.

2. Ulthwé, with their seer council consisting of several farseers and warlocks they have the toughest HQ there is. And they have guardians with improved stats to compensate for their lack of aspect warriors.

3. Alaitoc, who have a lot of rangers and the more elite Path finders and get to roll on a special distruption chart before each battle.

4. Iyanden, after a great tyranid invasion most of Iyandens population was dead, so now they have to rely on Wraithguard and Wraithlords in battle. They take these as troop choices, and can also have slightly improved warlocks known as Spirit Seers.

Or you could play Vanilla, using the normal army list in the codex.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

try searching the forum.. there is at least 20 people who has asked the exact same question lately, and gotten good answers.

Welcome the the ranks of the eldar, dude!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so you've helped me narrow it down to Biel-Tan or Iyaden.
    In a Biel-Tan army, could I take all Warp-Spiders? Or would this be a bad idea?
    What are wraithguard like?
    What about Saim-Hann?
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Yeah.. you COULD take all spiders.. plus a HQ ofcourse, and for some reason, spiders lack a phoenix lord.

Saim-hann is one of my 4 craftworlds... they are cool. They are the "biker-gang" craftworld, with fast attack units forming their core. They are fast and deadly if played right, but very fragile....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Revlid
    Okay, so you've helped me narrow it down to Biel-Tan or Iyaden.
    In a Biel-Tan army, could I take all Warp-Spiders? Or would this be a bad idea?
    What are wraithguard like?
    What about Saim-Hann?
    Thanks.

1) Yes you could take all warp-spiders. It totally your call if it's bad or not, don't let people tell you what you want, tell them what you want and they will help mold it together.

2) Wraithguard are slow (unless in a serpeant), short gun range, uber guns that can insta-kill everything except the Nightbringer and Deciever on a 6, and auto pen on a 4,5,6 against EVERY tank including the Monolith.

3) Saim-Hann is a craftworlf full of fast moving vehicles and I believe they only use vehicles, they can be strong or mediocre but every army is that way.

~Choose the one that you think looks best, would like to play with the most, and is most cost-efficient. That's how I chose my Biel-Tan.

P.S.-Biel-Tan Rule!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Sorry, i forgot about the jetbike racing red dudes. Jetbikes are rather crappy with the current rules, but the amount of Vypers they can have is insane.

In theory you could have an all-warp spider army, but trust me that would suck. Biel-Tan is supposed to be using certain aspect warriors against what they are good against. In a one-aspect army there is no such flexibility and just think about painting 40 Warp Spiders, there are 3 different models. If you go biel-tan, do variety but remember to use full squads except for some.

Wraithguard are slow and tough expensive models made from Wraithbone, controlled by a dead eldar's spirit. They carry one of the most destructive short ranged weapons in the game, the Wraithcannon. In theory, a Wraithcannon can kill anything in the game with one shot except for things immune to instant death. It's just the matter of getting in range that is troublesome.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Costly you say? Low model count... Low MONEY count... I'll take it! Iyaden it is! Thanks for your help.
    BTW, do I have to use the Iyaden colour scheme, or could I use one of my own devising? How would I justify it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

If you want an army of one aspect, striking scorpoins are the way to go. They own in cc, and their exarch can even murder armored vehicles. A squad of scorps with haywire grenades and a stealth/claw exarch, and the rest just squads with exarchs like the one just mentioned can take out anything. Add kandaras, the lord of the striking scorpion aspect, as your HQ, and you are good to go. Hope to face IG and tau, and definately pray for your life if you see a skimmer!

And DONT take Iyanden for the money cost! Their models are few, but insanely expensive, they gotta be the most expensive army in the entire 40k range!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, Striking Scorpions are my least favourite aspect, with the "Help, I've twisted my ankle" and "Bucktooth" models. My favourites are Warp Spiders and Dark Reapers. Why would an all spider army suck so much?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast