Need Advice... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Advice...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Advice...

Allo, I new here (actually i just registered 'bout 5 min. ago) and i was wondering if any1 had any advice for an all warrior army made from the new codex(with possibly some lictors )

plz help

Dori

p.s.
    i will be playin around 1000 pt battles if that helps...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Hi, welcome to LO,
    you probably want to be a bit more specific, I suspect a lot of people will ask you to or else they will not reply.

The best thing to do would be to put together a first pass at a 1000 points nids list, put it up (following the naming onvention) in the Tyranids army lists section (a sub- board of this one, people will help you tear it to bits and put it back together, if you ask them I am sure you will get general advic on how to use the list, if you want some clues, look at the lists and comments people have already put up.

The more infomation you can give the better, so I you know what armies you will commonly face, then advice can be more helpfull

Good luck
    Chered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

What do you have or are you making it from scratch? A warrior heavy list would be awesome, expensive, annoying for your opponents but would lack some of the swarms or heavier parts of an army that would protect them. If you had a thorpe or 2 and used it to screen them, it might work as long as they all had leaping or wings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

All Warrior lists were easier to do in 3rd edition, since Warriors could be any slot except for Troops. If you want to, I'd go with two fair sized gaunt squads, the cheaper the better (Spinegaunts or Termagaunts) and Thropes or a Shooty Fex for your heavy support. Warriors can take VC, but they lack the punch of the high S Fex.

I think you can get away with 20 point Warriors, or just shy of that (2 ST as the only upgrade), but you'll definetly want some faster stuff. RC are going to be a must on the faster units, otherwise you'll most likely be held up in CC or taken down by high armor save armies with power weapons.

As Warrior47 said, it's gonna be expensive. Someone once posted a 45 Warrior list. That would have been 15 boxes of Warriors at 25-30 bucks at the time (not sure what they are now). As such, you should write up the army, post it here, work with the suggestion and re-write it. Then playtest it with either sheets of paper (weenie, I know but just tell your opponents you are testing so you don't have to drop 400+ dollars on an army) and find out if you like the way it plays or if you'd rather scrap it for another permutation.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first of all my inspiration to making such a list was when i looked at my brothers WD(i dont know which one, i know itsa inthe mid 200s) and this guy bought 33 box's of warriors for the new release of the tyranids, when thay came out with the 3rd edition one- using th ripper swarms for troops- that ust of costed him 'bout $850 dollars, all in one visit.

well i made a list for the 3rd edition of the codex which included 2 squads of gaunts, 18 warriors, and 2 lictors...

all i actually have is the gaunts(as you can tell im makin it from scratch)

and 'bout $40.00
    so i was thinkin 'bout buyin the new codex(i still dont have it )

i also usually face imperial guard(guardsmen horde), Tau(70+ Fire warriors), and Space Marines('bout 50 models including Land Raider Crusader) all in a 1000 pts.
    i susppect it will be as expensive as my brothers tau army considering he has 48 fire warriors left to buy and on july 6th the new price adjustment raises the fire warriors up to $35 which costs at least and hes the farthest along on his list(stupid tau battleforce)

back to the list, i know im goin to have winged, leaping, and ones with heavy weapons (does that mean i have to fit that in 4 choices, HQ and Elite w/ the new dex? It would be 5 but i want lictors )
    'bout the carnifex and the zoanthrope, i would take a carnifex(who wouldn't) but that could equal 'bout the same as 3 zoanthropes.

plz help...

Dori

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

First things first, go buy the new codex. You really can't play the game without the rules.

I believe Winged Warriors can be taken as Fast Attack, so you have 7 slots in which to put your Warriors.

3 Zoans to 1 Fex is about right. The advantages of the Zoans is clear, cheaper, more numerous (more shots) better AP.

On the other hand, the weapons you can give a Fex out distance WB and for the most part are more powerful than it. A Fex is also much tougher than a Zoan (and unless you buy one with Synapse ability or stick them close to Warriors, they can be Insta-killed). You might even want to get both (3 Zoans and a Fex), even in 1000 points.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets see...
    3 zoans and a fex = $90
    and will take up at least a 1/3 of my army, plus lictors and warriors, 2 lictors = $40 for 160 pts theres half my army, and then 2 gaunts squads( w/ what i got its hormies and and ones w/ devourers), 'bout a 1/4 of my army which makes 3/4 of my army WITHOUT warriors so i want it to be 3 zoans or 1 fex not both

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While were on the subject, do you think my warriors are suitable?

2 Gruops of the following.
    2 warriors with ST and RC, 1 warrior with ST and VC
    All have EC, TS, better WS and BS,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Don't mix the types of warriors. With those, you'll end up with expensive warriors that wont be any good at shooting and only be ok at cc. Go for one or the other in broods. Also for cc the adrenal glands for I are a must.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it may do good except the increase BS will only really affect the VC Warriors

Dori

+ Reply to Thread